We have a current opportunity for a Supported Housing Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Oldham.
Reporting directly to the Contract Manager you will be responsible for the delivery of housing and support services to a portfolio of c.400 homes, providing temporary accommodation to homeless families across Manchester.
You will have responsibility for ensuring that occupancy levels are maintained across our homes and that tenants are supported effectively to be able to sustain their tenancies. Income collection is key, and you will work directly with the Housing Manager, ensuring that your team works closely with the Income Officer to support tenants to maintain regular rental payments, ensuring that they are able to maximise their income.
To provide effective management, leading your team to deliver against Key Performance Indicators in line with the contract with MCC
* Work with the Contract Manager and Housing Manager to deliver the contract requirements for the contract with MCC.
* Direct Line Management of a small team of Housing Support Workers. Establishing a programme of regular supervision meetings, focused on performance and continuous personal development.
* In conjunction with the Contract Manager agree key performance indicators against which to monitor the performance of individual team members, ensuring that the contract requirements are met.
* Carry out active performance monitoring, using regular audits of current IT systems/database to ensure that records are accurately maintained, notes regularly updated and support plans regularly reviewed.
* Ensure that support workers are carrying out regular tenancy visits and recording the outcome of these. These should be used to review the condition of the tenant's home, discuss any issues with rental payments and provide support to the tenant in line with agreed support plan.
* Ensure that the service is delivered within the approved contract Budget, working with the Contract Manager to highlight any potential overspends.
* Liaise with the Housing Team Manager to ensure that effective Income Collection is achieved, ensuring that your team supports the work of the Income Collection Officer through home visits and discussions with the tenants.
* Ensure that the Support team work to maintain tenancies and signpost tenants to the appropriate services.
* Work with the Housing Manager to ensure that the duty desk/phone is effectively covered throughout office hours
* Attendance at CIN and MARAC meetings as required, together with representing the organisation at other multi agency and local authority meetings. Deputising for the Contract Manager as required.
* Responsible for the collation of grant funding onto the system
What we're looking for:
* Experience of staff management and development in a supported housing environment.
* Experience of working within a contract environment and delivering against all key performance indicators.
* Experience of collaborating with a range of external stakeholders and partner agencies.
* Experience of creating reports and monitoring information
* Working with sensitive and confidential information
* Experience/understanding of safeguarding in relation to vulnerable adults and children
Skills and Abilities
* Strong interpersonal skills including external representing to stakeholders and partners
* Excellent organisational skills with the ability to deliver objectives
* Team leadership to develop the team and adapt to changing environments
* Ability to manage staff working away from the central hub
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Able to work well under pressure to agreed deadlines
* Good communication skills both written and verbal including confident presentation skills
* Proactive, with ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions to problems
* Skills to use ICT systems to obtain and analyse data and present it effectively through a variety of ICT channels
* Resilient and able to work under pressure
* High degree of integrity, confidentiality and diplomacy
* Social housing and homelessness systems
* Wide knowledge of housing support, particularly in relationship to homeless families. With an understanding of tenancy legislation, homelessness legislation and housing provision for homeless people
* Performance management practices and leadership styles
Education and training
* A level or equivalent
* Commitment to continued development
The applicant must consent to and apply for an enhanced DBS disclosure check or provide details of their DBS registered with the update service. For more information please contact me directly.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.