Full time , permanent position - Rugby/RLS
Salary from £25,740 - £35,986
Are you an enthusiastic lecturer, knowledgeable about your subject matter? Are you an effective communicator who can explain just about anything to anyone, clearly? Are you committed to your professional development?
Our client is one of the largest further and higher education colleges in the UK, with unique colleges across two counties, they aim to deliver learning experiences which lead to the development of wider skill bases and improved destinations for all of their students. There recent Ofsted inspection highlights the success and strong focus both on students and on meeting industry needs. They are also one of only five colleges in the UK to be granted Foundation Degree Awarding Powers by the Privy Council - meaning their higher education academic quality and standards are equal to any university.
Teaching - The person appointed will be able to contribute to the teaching programme delivering the subject. Preparation and Assessment - The person appointed will develop and produce teaching materials as required and the relevant paperwork associated with the planning and assessing of the course. He/she will undertake assessment, produce a relevant scheme and keep accurate records.
Administration - The person appointed will undertake administrative tasks relating to the programme(s) that they teach on and College requirements, under the guidance of the Head of Department.
Quality Systems - The postholder will undertake Internal Verification as required by the line manager. The College has a lesson observation process and all lecturers will have an observed lesson each academic year.
Health and Safety - To ensure a safe working environment for colleagues, students and visitors in line with the HASAW Act and the College Health and Safety Policy.
Safeguarding - Safeguard and promote the welfare of children and vulnerable adults for whom you are responsible and whom you come into contact with.
Employee Benefits - When you join WCG they offer a whole host of employee benefits, including:
● The opportunity to apply for Hybrid working
● Generous annual leave entitlement plus up to 4 free College Closure days a year
● Comprehensive training programme
● Leadership & Management training programme to develop our next generation of managers
● Superb health and wellbeing support with [email protected]
● Employee Assistance Helpline offering free, confidential, 24 hours support and guidance
● The opportunity to join our voluntary health cash plan run by Health Shield
● Free onsite gyms at most colleges
● Discounted part time and professional courses
● Cycle to work scheme
● Discounted hair & beauty treatments in our college salons
● Pension schemes
● Free will writing service
● Free car parking on site
● Staff discounts in our Plant Centre at Pershore College
For a confidential discussion on the above please contact Aaron Abbott, Birmingham Team.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.