JOB TITLE: Curriculum Manager in Engineering
GRADE: Management Spine
RESPONSIBLE TO: Assistant Principal
The Curriculum Manager of engineering will shape and manage the delivery and development of all learning programmes and services offered within a designated curriculum area, including apprenticeship programmes, work based NVQs and other qualifications specifically tailored to meet the business needs of employers. You will bring about the continuous improvement in learner success and will ensure the effective and efficient delivery of learning, as well as fostering a culture of innovation in respect of teaching and learning and curriculum development.
A technical understanding of a specific area of Engineering would be very beneficial to your application.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Participate, as a member of the curriculum management team, in the determination and oversight of the overall strategic direction and leadership of the delivery area/Assistant Principal.
2. Oversee the production and implementation of a Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) for the curriculum area.
3. Lead on the strategic development of the curriculum area.
4. Lead staff in improving teaching, learning and assessment practice within the curriculum area.
5. Provide effective leadership and management of all staff in the curriculum area.
6. Ensure consistency and high standards of delivery for ALL learners within the curriculum area.
7. Advise the Assistant Principal on matters relating to the management, delivery and development of learning within the curriculum area.
8. Ensure the college's safeguarding and student conduct procedures are adhered to within the curriculum area.
1. In close liaison with the Assistant Principal, set, monitor and achieve targets for learner retention and achievement.
2. Ensure that the college's quality and performance management systems are adhered to in relation to the curriculum area.
3. In close liaison with the Assistant Principal, ensure there is a regular review and evaluation of learning in the curriculum area and ensure completion of course reviews and self assessments as required in the curriculum area.
4. In close liaison with the Assistant Principal, produce an annual needs based review of the curriculum in the designated curriculum area and agree an annual curriculum plan in response to the college's strategic priorities.
5. In close liaison with the Assistant Principal, set, monitor and achieve learner recruitment targets for the curriculum area.
6. In close liaison with the Assistant Principal, set, monitor and achieve revenue and capital expenditure budgets for the curriculum area.
7. In close liaison with the Assistant Principal oversee the production of an annual human resources plan for the curriculum area.
8. Support the Assistant Principal in the recruitment, selection, deployment, timetabling and discipline of staff associated with the curriculum area.
9. Advise the Assistant Principal on the specific and general development needs of staff in the curriculum area.
10. Promote and implement methods for the sharing of good practice across the curriculum.
11. Promote good practice approaches to inclusivity and equal opportunities.
12. Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety requirements relating to the curriculum area.
13. Through effective staff leadership ensure the college's safeguarding and student conduct procedures are fully adhered to within the curriculum area.
14. Represent the college in meetings with external agencies as required.
15. Deputise for the Assistant Principal as required.
16. Act as Duty Manager as required.
Standard for all Jobs
- To perform services not only for the college but also for any subsidiary as required.
- To take a proactive role in the identification of personal and group training and developmental needs which support college objectives and to actively participate in the fulfilment of identified training and development needs.
- To take responsibility to ensure that all students are safe and feel safe in the college environment and to follow all safeguarding and prevent policies and procedures.
- To contribute to promotional activities both inside and outside the college and to assist in the production of promotional and publicity materials as required.
- To operate at all times within both the spirit and the practice of the college's Equality & Diversity policy and procedure.
- To be aware of and work with due regard to safety and safe practice. To meet statutory requirements and to report any hazards/unsafe practices or incidents as appropriate.
- To represent the college in the best light at all times.
- To maintain such records and undertake administrative duties as may be determined by the college.
- To carry out any other duties in connection with the appointment which may be reasonably determined from time to time by the College Principal or line manager.
This job description is intended to provide a guide to the general duties and responsibilities of the specified post and to set in context the framework within which the post holder will operate. It should not be regarded as a legal document nor a set of conditions of service.
The job description sets out the main duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post. Such variations are common occurrences and cannot of themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
This job description will be reviewed regularly and may be varied in the light of the business needs of the college.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.