Find out more about this organisation on their careers site
Please apply for this job via our website: https://www.walsallcollege.ac.uk/jobs/
We currently have an exciting opportunity to recruit an Educational British Sign Language (BSL) Interpreter to join us on a permanent basis to provide support for staff and students in a professional educational setting.
You will work with a wide range of students with various communication needs on the BSL continuum on courses ranging from Entry Level to Higher Education Level across a wide range of subjects, and also interpret for D/deaf staff in staff meetings and during additional events such as Out of College Activities, Award Ceremonies and Open Days, which may also include evenings.
We are looking for candidates who hold a minimum CACDP/Signature Level 3 or equivalent in BSL with a commitment to progressing their skills to a higher level.
For full specification requirements please refer to the attached job description.â€‹
In return, we offer;
- Competitive salaries.
- Enrolment into the West Midlands Pension Fund (LGPS) with generous employer contributions.
- Free on-site car parking.
- Outstanding staff training and team building programme.
- ZEST; the College’s Health & Wellbeing initiative for our staff.
- Staff incentive schemes including Cycle to Work scheme and ‘Best of Walsall’ discounts.
- Simply Health care scheme.
- On site Mental Health First Aiders.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- State of the art campuses with the latest industry facilities, including our Graduate Salon of Hair and Beauty and on site Little Professors’ Nursery.
- Access to ‘The Hub’ offering a Gym, Spa & Sports Clinic and The Littleton Restaurant.
We are passionate about promoting equality of opportunity and creating a working ment where diversity is recognised and celebrated and everyone has the chance to reach their full potential. Our ment is diverse in character and student population. We particularly welcome applications from candidates from Black Minority Ethnic origin and those with a disability.
Walsall College is committed to safeguarding our children and young people/vulnerable adults. We uphold fundamental British Values and expect all our employees to do the same. All appointments are subject to safer recruitment checks, including previous employment checks, online searches and an Enhanced DBS Check.
Only completed applications will be considered for this role. All applicants will need to complete an application form via our College Website: https://www.walsallcollege.ac.uk/jobs/