Morgan Hunt are working with Birmingham Metropolitan College to recruit for a Health and Social Care Lecturer. The successful candidate will teach Health & Social Care to vibrant students and will be needed for an immediate start. The role is based on site at the College.
Birmingham Metropolitan College is an established Further Education and Training College who offers a broad range of A Levels, vocational courses (BTECs), professional courses, apprenticeships and trailblazers for anyone over the age of 16 and full and part-time courses for adults including Access to Higher Education and university level study.
The Health and Social Care Lecturer will be responsible for:
- Delivering the full Further Education and Training specification in Health & Social Care
- Planning and coordinating lessons and resources to enable learners to achieve their qualifications
- Quality delivery of interactive lessons to learners with clear lesson objectives
- Motivate and inspire learners using up-to-date teaching methodology
- Set and monitor regular homework in line with student abilities
- Keep in line with quality assurance (collect learner views, lesson observation, working through action plan)
- Ensure accurate completion of class registers at all times, stay on top of admin work and marking
- Any other duties as required by the College
The Health and Social Care Lecturer will:
- Have substantial experience the Further Education and Training sector
- Hold a UK recognised teaching qualification
- Have previous experience working as a Health and Social Care Lecturer and a successful record in retention and achievement
- Hold a Level 3 or above qualification in the subject area
- Hold GCSEs in both Maths and English, at grade A-C or equivalent
- Have a valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one
In return the successful Health and Social Care Lecturer role will receive:
- Free CPD training opportunities
- Opportunity to apply for permanent positions within the College, at the first instance
- Progression opportunities
- Any other benefits offered by the College
If you are passionate in the delivery of high-quality teaching, match the above criteria, are looking for a new role and are based in and around Birmingham, please apply now!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.