Lecturer In Computing - Warwickshire College
Morgan Hunt are working with Warwickshire College Group to recruit a permanent Computing Lecturer on a full-time basis. This permanent role is due to start in September 2022.
The Computing Lecturer will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the teaching programme delivering the subject.
- Develop and produce teaching materials as required and the relevant paperwork associated with the planning and assessing of the course.
- Undertake administrative tasks relating to the programme that they teach on and College requirements, under the guidance of the Head of Department.
- Undertake Internal Verification as required by the line manager. The College has a lesson observation process, and all lecturers will have an observed lesson each academic year.
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of children and vulnerable adults for whom you are responsible and whom you come into contact with.
- A degree, HNC or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline
- GCSE grade A-C or equivalent qualification in Maths and English (or willingness to achieve necessary qualifications within 12 months)
- Teacher Training Qualification or the willingness to undertake the courses required to gain this
- Strong Administrative skills, including IT skills
- Ability to relate well with staff and students and to work effectively as a member of a team with the ability to motivate others
- Knowledge and use of cloud technologies such as G-Suite (Google apps) for education, for teaching and learning
- Excellent understanding of BTEC level 3 in Computing (2016) with an emphasis on Programming and Project Planning.
For unqualified lecturers, the successful post holder will move on to the Trainee Lecturer programme to achieve the required DET qualification (for posts of greater than a 0.5 fraction). It is essential that all new teaching and training staff gain the appropriate teacher training qualification. The continuation of your Contract of Employment is subject to you acquiring your teacher training qualification. These qualifications are mandatory for all lecturers, trainers and Instructors who teach on a publicly funded provision.
- The opportunity to apply for Hybrid working
- Generous annual leave entitlement plus up to 4 free College Closure days a year
- Comprehensive training programme
- Leadership & Management training programme to develop our next generation of managers
- Superb health and wellbeing support with Wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Helpline offering free, confidential, 24 hours support and guidance
- Free onsite gyms at most colleges
- Discounted part time and professional courses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Discounted hair & beauty treatments in our college salons
- Pension schemes
- Free will writing service
- Free car parking on site
- Staff discounts in our Plant Centre at Pershore College
If you are passionate about Further Education and Training and your experience matches the above criteria and you are available to start a new role in the Warwickshire area, then please apply now!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Brendan on 0121 631 5900 or alternatively email
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.