Find out more about this organisation on their careers site
For full specification requirements please refer to the job description located on; https://www.walsallcollege.ac.uk/jobs/
Please apply for this job via our website: https://www.walsallcollege.ac.uk/jobs/
We are currently looking for a Specialist Mentor to join our Inclusive Support Department to provide enhanced levels of support to students with complex needs.
By working with students directly in class or discreetly, you will provide targeted support to students that is directly linked to EHCP outcomes. You will also be involved in the support and training of staff in specific complex conditions.
Developing specialist strategies linked with EHCPs and individual support plans to support students with additional support needs, you will also be responsible for liaising with parents/carers and other appropriate professionals regarding the care and support of individual students.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with students/young people (14+) who have a range of additional support needs and experience of working within an educational or training setting.
Having a Higher Level Teaching Assistant Qualification would be advantageous.
For full specification requirements please refer to the job description.
In return, we offer;
• Competitive salaries.
• Enrolment into the West Midlands Pension Fund with generous employer contributions.
• Outstanding staff training and team building programme.
• ZEST is the College’s Health & Wellbeing initiative for our staff.
• Staff incentive schemes including Ride to Work scheme and ‘Best of Walsall’ discounts.
• Simply Health care scheme.
• Employee Assistance Programme.
• Reward and recognition scheme.
• State of the art campuses with the latest industry facilities, including our Graduate Salon of Hair and Beauty and on site Little Professors’ Nursery.
• Access to ‘The Hub’ offering a Gym, Spa & Sports Clinic and The Littleton Restaurant.
We are passionate about promoting equality of opportunity and creating a working ment where diversity is recognised and celebrated and everyone has the chance to reach their full potential. Our ment is diverse in character and student population. We particularly welcome applications from candidates from Black Minority Ethnic origin and those with a disability.
Walsall College is committed to safeguarding our children and young people/vulnerable adults. We uphold fundamental British Values and expect all our employees to do the same. All appointments are subject to safer recruitment checks, including previous employment checks, online searches and an Enhanced DBS Check.
Only completed applications will be considered for this role. All applicants will need to complete an application form via our College Website: https://www.walsallcollege.ac.uk/jobs/