Morgan Hunt are working with Newcastle College Group to search for a HR Advisor for their Kidderminster College Campus. If you are an experienced HR professional, this may be the opportunity for you!
Role Purpose and Primary Responsibilities
The P&D Advisor role is a key member of the team, reporting to a Business Partner (Operations).
The purpose of this role is to support transformational and operational people activity, in order to improve the colleague journey and candidate experience across our Colleges and Professional Services.
The successful candidate will need to be fluid in their approach with the ability to support each other during peak times. On occasions, they may also be required to deputise for Business Partner, ensuring good quality and consistent service provision is maintained at all times.
- First point of contact for designated areas, responsible for the provision of good quality people management advice, guidance and support.
- Provide day-to-day operational support to managers on things such contractual questions, recruitment and resourcing and support in meetings by taking notes.
- Provide a professional and responsive ER service which ensures issues are dealt with effectively and consistently in line with NCG policies, procedures and current employment legislation.
- Fully support and advocate compliance with NCG performance management processes, ensure that all staff appraisals are completed effectively, within given timescales, and that results are analysed and outcomes implemented.
- Upon request from your Business Partner, provide additional support in the implementation of wider people projects and transformation initiatives to ensure that new practices and cultural changes are incorporated as part of BAU activity across all colleges.
- Support the delivery of coaching, walkthroughs and training sessions for managers to uplift capability and to support the development of a high-performance culture.
- Champion and support colleague development, ensuring that any sessions are co-ordinated and information is correctly recorded.
- Share and promote the utilisation and interpretation of people data and metrics to support evidence-based decision making across NCG.
- Promote the use of self service (via the People Portal, ESS, MSS etc.) for general queries, advice and guidance.
P&D Standard Responsibilities
- Advocate compliance with NCG pay processes and the consistent application of pay and grading structures in order to reduce risks (i.e. with equal pay and equal value claims), ensuring anomalies are addressed/considered via the pay exception panel and not as isolated incidents at a local level.
- Embed the NCG wellbeing strategy and support associated activity at a group and local level, demonstrating our ongoing commitment.
- Encourage equality, diversity and inclusion at all times from a people perspective, ensuring we support best practice and hold these principles at the heart of everything we do.
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Compliance with NCG values, behaviours, policies and procedures.
- Any other duties that would reasonably fall within the remit of the role
Please apply now!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.