Morgan Hunt are currently working with a well-known Public Sector organisation, in their search for a FTC Procurement Officer to provide effective support and guidance at all stages of the procurement cycle, making sure it reflects best value and complies with legal requirements.
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Hybrid (3 days in the office based in Luton)
Salary: up to £33,000
Job Type: 12 Month FTC (Likely to be made permanent)
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Start Date: ASAP
As a successful postholder you will ensure the most effective spend of public money across the organisations portfolio and utilise procurement systems and methodologies to support the delivery of procurement processes. You will also undertake research and gain insights from the procurement knowledge pool to identify best practice solutions to develop innovations that support the delivery of cost improvements and benefits to customers both internal/external whilst also developing good working relationships with stakeholders and suppliers, quickly building rapport.
- Develop, implement and monitor a reliable Register of Procurement contracts.
- Review and update tender documentation and provide guidance in the use.
- Manage the organisations e-procurement systems, In-tend
- Understand the organisations Financial Regulations and ensure adherence to its requirements in procurements
- Work closely with colleagues in Finance to ensure delivery of financial objectives.
- Developing and maintaining an approved suppliers' database including annual supplier checks;
- Develop tender strategies, contract tendering, contract award, contract management and supplier performance management;
- Contributing to the identification and resolution of procurement risks and issues
- Provide analysis on costs and capture and track savings;
- dentify suitable suppliers for specific projects and for bidders events;
- Track the delivery of projects through milestones to completion;
- Advising stakeholders within the organization on procurement matters;
- Run sourcing events, Clarify client requirements and supporting stakeholders to develop suitable specifications
- contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance;
- Ensuring value is added across contracts through effective Contracts Management;
- Building stakeholder and supplier relationships;
- Executing tenders from cradle to grave;
- Relevant experience of current Procurement législation i.e PCR 2015, FTS, etc
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage a wide range of stakeholders with differing demands.
- Initiative individual who can resolve problems and suggest improvements to internal processes and procedures
- Awareness of best practice procurement and supplier management techniques
- Proficient with word, excel and PowerPoint
Please apply below to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity as a Procurement Officer.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.