Reporting to the Business Process Manager, this role will maintain, support and develop existing college web-based AP.NET C#/Core C# systems.
The successful candidate will be required to create custom web applications to meet the business needs of Walsall College and develop systems to supplement functionality in core business critical systems.
Key responsibilities in this role are to design and maintain student/public facing web systems and to warehouse/migrate data as necessary to ensure a centralised information base.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Create custom web applications to meet the business needs of Walsall College using C# ASP.NET MVC/ASP.NET Core MVC
- Develop systems to supplement functionality in core business critical systems.
- Work with development and systems team to maintain and develop existing systems.
- To work with line manager to identify training needs and actively seek out relevant training and development opportunities and undertake Professional Development as required.
- Comply with all College policies and procedures with particular reference to Equality and Diversity and Quality Assurance.
- Safeguard the wellbeing of learners, including responsibility for reporting child protection matters to the relevant parties.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade of post.
- To work from remote sites as required by the business.
For full specification requirements please refer to the job description.
In return, we offer;
• Competitive salaries.
• Up to 29 days annual leave, plus additional generous additional closure days and bank holidays.
• Enrolment into the West Midlands Pension Fund with generous employer contributions.
• Outstanding staff training and team building programme.
• ZEST is the College’s Health & Wellbeing initiative for our staff.
• Staff incentive schemes including Cycle to Work scheme and ‘Best of Walsall’ discounts.
• Simply Health care scheme.
• Employee Assistance Programme.
• Reward and recognition scheme.
• State of the art campuses with the latest industry facilities, including our Graduate Salon of Hair and Beauty and on site Little Professors’ Nursery.
• Access to ‘The Hub’ offering a Gym, Spa & Sports Clinic and The Littleton Restaurant.
We are passionate about promoting equality of opportunity and creating a working ment where diversity is recognised and celebrated and everyone has the chance to reach their full potential. Our ment is diverse in character and student population. We particularly welcome applications from candidates from Black Minority Ethnic origin and those with a disability.
Walsall College is committed to safeguarding our children and young people/vulnerable adults. We uphold fundamental British Values and expect all our employees to do the same. All appointments are subject to safer recruitment checks, including previous employment checks, online searches and an Enhanced DBS Check.
Only completed applications will be considered for this role. All applicants will need to complete an application form via our College Website: https://www.walsallcollege.ac.uk/jobs/