A charitable organisation are looking to recruit a Family Support Worker in Birmingham to work within their domestic abuse support service around West Midlands. The role is available until March 2023.
As a Family Support Worker, the role will involve supporting children and families in a therapeutic capacity within a refuge environment and helping them to achieve positive outcomes for both them and their children.
* Support families and children with complex needs who have experience of traumatic life events
* Engage in a range of family support and interventions to empower families
* Assist in building resilience and coping mechanisms
* Work to improve outcomes for families and support them access to local services
The successful candidate for the role of Family Support Worker will have:
* Experience working with children and families in a therapeutic capacity with proven success of achieving positive outcomes
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to treat situations with sensitivity
* Quick rapport building skills and the ability to engage with a range of different audiences
* Able to travel round for the role around the Birmingham area
* A DBS issues within the last 12 months or on the update service
As a Family Support Worker in Birmingham, you have the opportunity to gain employment within a reputable organisation within the market who genuinely cares about making a difference. It is perfect for someone with some experience of working with children and young people. Morgan Hunt have been working within Social Care for more than 12 years to help find professionals the right position at the right time. We provide an honest and consultative approach which helps our candidates to secure the most suitable position for them.
If you feel you meet the above criteria, please apply now.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.