A local charity is looking to recruit a Homeless Prevention Worker in Birmingham to work within their supported housing service that looks out for young people who are facing homelessness. The role is temporary and we are looking for an immediate start.
As a Homeless Prevention Worker in Birmingham you will be supporting young people who are homeless and those who find themselves at risk of being homeless, who will need tenancy related support as well as advice and guidance.
* Providing housing related advice around legislation
* Managing a team of staff to conduct housing related initial assessments
* Advising young people on their housing options and offering housing related advice
* Risk assessing individuals
* Working with young people to prevent homelessness and mediate with families where appropriate
* Liaising with other teams internally and referring clients externally when necessary
The successful candidate for the role of Homeless Prevention Worker in Birmingham will have:
* Experience working with young people with similar needs in a supportive capacity
* Knowledge of the homeless reduction act
* A genuine passion for working with vulnerable people
* Some knowledge surrounding housing options and advice
* A DBS check within the last 12 months
This role gives the opportunity to gain employment within an organisation that is very reputable within the market. It is perfect for someone with some experience of working with homeless people who enjoys working with a level of autonomy. Morgan Hunt have been working within Social Housing for more than 12 years to help find housing professionals the right position at the right time. We believe that an honest and consultative approach will help us and our candidates to secure the most suitable position for them.
If you feel you meet the above criteria please apply now.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.