We have a current opportunity for a Housing Support Worker in Nottingham on a temporary basis. The position will be based in . For further information about this position please apply.
The role is a mix of working with ex-offenders who are living in temporary accommodation so experience of working in this environment is essential. The clients of the service may be dealing with complex needs including substance misuse issues/mental health.
As a Housing Support Worker the client group being supported with complex needs who require support in their temporary accommodation. This role will require travel so will need their own vehicle.
* Key working with homeless people and help build successful and trusting relationships
* Keeping record of work done with clients in the form of support plans
* Risk assessing individuals
* Providing therapeutic support to the people and assisting them with life skills and providing housing related support
The successful candidate for the role of Housing Support Worker will have:
* Experience working with adults or young people who have experienced homelessness
* An understanding of substance misuse and how to support a young person with this
* The ability to engage with clients
* A genuine passion for working with vulnerable young people
* Availability to work flexibly
* Some knowledge surrounding child protection / housing laws
* A DBS check issued within the last 12 months and/or on signed up to the update service
This role gives the opportunity to gain employment within a reputable organisation within the market. It is perfect for someone with some experience of working with children and young people. Morgan Hunt have been working within Social Housing for more than 12 years to help find housing professionals the right position at the right time. We provide an honest and consultative approach will help our candidates to secure the most suitable position for them.
If you feel you meet the above criteria, please apply now.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.