We have a current opportunity for a Supported Housing Team Leader based around the Coventry area on a temporary basis. For further information about this position please apply.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Supported Housing Team Leader to lead a small team which is involved in housing and supporting singles that have been placed in our accommodation by the Council to prevent rough sleeping and/or homelessness. This role will involve looking after multiple occupancy accommodation in Coventry and surrounding areas and will include active support and engagement with residents.
This is a is a fast moving and occasionally challenging environment, with no two days being the same.
In addition to being responsible for all aspects of the services, the successful applicant will have significant experience in working with this cohort including experience in undertaking risk assessments, helping with the placement of individuals within accommodation and developing individual person-centred support plans.
The successful Team Leader will:
- have significant experience working within a social housing environment, ideally within a Local Authority, and feel comfortable dealing directly with customers with complex needs.
- Have managed small teams of care and housing professionals.
- have an understanding of issues facing, vulnerable people with housing related support needs.
- must have experience of undertaking assessments, formulating support and action plans and reporting outcomes.
- experience of providing practical front line advice and support either in a hostel/supported accommodation setting.
- confidence to work at times in difficult situations with a variety of challenging service users.
- contribute, participate in and take responsibility for the outreach support service for those people living in our shared accommodation.
- maintain standards of support and social care.
- comply with health & safety policies and report any incidents, accidents, risks or hazards to managers so that they can inform the relevant agencies.
- demonstrate understanding of the supported Housing Standards and ensure that these standards are met in order to 'put our residents first'.
- liaise with and support customers with accommodation issues.
- support customers at every stage of the move on process, including providing some aftercare in the form of support with change of address, registration with a GP and assistance with welfare benefits, where, necessary.
- be responsible for managing the properties - ensuring all properties are well looked after and properly maintained.
- carry out all check ins and check outs for properties.
- carry out daily inspections to all properties. Ensuring tenants are adhering to the House Rules (and following the procedures to deal with breaches).
- assist with inspections and care taking as and when required.
Requirements of a Team Leader
- Proven track record in a similar role or able to demonstrate clear team management
- A DBS on the update service or from within the last 12 months
- A car and business insurance
This role is a temp to perm role, Monday - Friday hours. For more info, call the office or please apply within.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.