A housing association are looking to recruit a Young Peoples Outreach Worker in Birmingham to work with homeless people and rough sleepers. The role is being appointed on a temporary to permanent basis for the right candidate.
As a Young Peoples Outreach Worker in Birmingham, you will be supporting young people who are homeless and either living on the street or in temporary accommodation. You would be responsible for building excellent relationships with them and providing them with advice and guidance and crisis interventions.
* Working on an outreach basis and engaging with young homeless people
* Provide advice and guidance as well as specific knowledge of local services that can assist
* Support the young people with their rights and provide housing advice
* Liaise to source suitable temporary accommodation for individuals
The successful candidate for the role of Young Peoples Outreach Worker in Birmingham will have:
* Experience working in a similar role supporting people with similar needs including completing support plans
* Excellent communication and relationship building skills
* A valid DBS check issued within the last 12 months and/or on the update service
* Some substance misuse knowledge would be desirable
* Be immediately available for interview and start
As a Young Peoples Outreach Worker in Birmingham, this role is perfect for someone with experience of working with homeless people who enjoys working with a level of autonomy and wants to make a difference to people's lives. Morgan Hunt have been working within Social Housing and Substance Misuse for more than 12 years to help find housing professionals the right position at the right time. We believe that an honest and consultative approach will help us and our candidates to secure the most suitable position for them.
If you feel you meet the above criteria please apply now.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.