A national charity is looking to recruit for a Young Persons Support Worker In Birmingham to work with 16-25 year olds. The role is a mix of working with young people who are living in temporary accommodation so experience of working in this environment is essential.
As a Young Persons Support Worker In Birmingham, the client group being supported are young people who are homeless between the ages of 16-25 years old who require support in their temporary accommodation.
* Key working with young people to build successful and trusting relationships
* Keeping record of work done with clients in the form of support plans
* Risk assessing individuals
* Providing therapeutic support to the people and assisting them with life skills and providing housing related support
The successful candidate for the role of Young Persons Support Worker In Birmingham will have:
* Experience working with adults or young people who have experienced homelessness
* Knowledge of housing legislation
* An understanding of homelessness and the issues that people face
* A genuine passion for working with vulnerable young people
* Availability to work flexibly
* Some knowledge surrounding child protection
* A DBS check issued within the last 12 months and/or on signed up to the update service
This role as Young Persons Support Worker In Birmingham gives the opportunity to gain employment within a reputable organisation within the market. It is perfect for someone with some experience of working with children and young people. Morgan Hunt have been working within Social Housing for more than 12 years to help find housing professionals the right position at the right time. We provide an honest and consultative approach will help our candidates to secure the most suitable position for them.
If you feel you meet the above criteria, please apply now.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.