Morgan Hunt are currently recruiting for an experienced Floorer for our client based in Derby. This is a permanent position offering £25,745 - £27,100. You will be working within social housing so it's essential that you have good customer service skills.
Your overall responsibility will be to undertake Flooring and repairs and maintenance work, to provide high quality, 'right first time', cost effective building services to the business and its customers.
Duties of a Floorer:
- Identify and undertake Flooring and associated work as directed
- Carry out extended skill activity (trade work not attached to your core skill) as required and within competency
- Liaise with other employees as necessary in order to complete specified works
- Receive, plan and complete job orders on time and to quality
- Notify team leader of any associated access issues
- Ensure that all relevant documentation is processed, and systems are completed in a timely manner
- Conduct work in accordance with current legislation, British Standards, Codes of Practice, safe systems of work and recognised industrial standards for such work, minimizing damage to the fabric of the property
- Undertake essential reinstatement work as necessary in order to ensure premises are left in a safe secure and weather tight condition
- Ensure where appropriate that vehicle stocks are maintained and accounted for
Physical activities that the job entails:
- Agile working, in multiple locations and remote working
- Specific vision - close vision requirements due to computer work
- Able to work in a confined spaces
- Able to reach, stoop, bend, kneel
- Light to moderate lifting
- Heavy lifting
- Climb (stairs/ladders) or balance
- Move safely over uneven terrain
- Operate machinery
The successful Floorer will have:
- NVQ 2 or equivalent
- Asbestos Awareness
- Experience in social housing
- Ability to read construction drawings
- Driving licence
You will be required to have a DBS dated within 3 months, on the update service or be willing to get one.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.