We have a current opportunity for a Adult Offender Support Worker on a temporary basis. The position will be based in Nottingham. For further information about this position please apply.
The clients are from an offending background but will also different complex needs. Car driver is needed
Role of an Adult Offender Support Worker
- To build a professional yet personally supportive bond with the citizens being supported, and to genuinely and in a committed way work to assist them in achieving a set of identified goals from within their support plan.
- To continually asses and where appropriate identify additional goals that fall within the scope of the Supported Housing framework that may be relevant and of benefit to the citizens being supported.
- To ensure that accurate, clear and detailed notes are recorded, within appropriate engagement documents, in relation to all face to face, telephone or other forms of citizen related support interaction.
- To apply a robust approach to all tenancy related matters in order to enable the citizens to understand their responsibilities as tenants and citizens of the wider community.
- To ensure that where necessary, in line with internal procedures and policies, that where necessary information is passed to other internal or external departments (ie maintenance requests, mental health support requests etc) in a timely manner and that such onward requests are recorded within relevant documentation.
- To ensure that any incidents of a Safeguarding nature, effecting citizens within the Initial Supported Housing system (whether directly supported or not) are notified immediately to the relevant management.
- To ensure that where any element of the risk factors or support plan are unclear that clarification is sought from relevant management prior to attending a support session.
- To liaise with external agencies and companies (eg Housing Benefit Office, Utility Companies, Council Tax Authority, Benefits Office etc) where necessary to assist citizens with their tenancy related requirements.
- To complete basic household inspections (eg Operation of Heating, Lighting, Drainage, TV etc) in order to identify issues that may need addressing via a maintenance request.
- To be aware of the general well being of citizens, and where issues are effecting this that fall outside the scope of Supported Housing framework tasks, to Signpost accordingly to appropriate external agencies..
- To always take reasonable care to avoid injury during the course of working within the job role, in line with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, and to highlight any issues that may effect this to Senior or Team Leader personnel.
- To at all times be mindful of and work with the best interests of the citizen, other staff members and the company in mind, and where issues or matters that may effect this arise to ensure these are highlighted to management immediately.
Salary: £11.00-£14.00 per hour
Requirements of an Adult Offender Support Worker:
If you feel you meet the above criteria please apply within or call the office on 0121 631 5930
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.