A national charity is looking to recruit for Young Persons Support Worker in Solihull to work with Young People who are homeless and living in temporary accommodation. The role is to offer support and interventions to support the young people and help them gain independence for more permanent housing. The roles are temporary to permanent for the right candidate.
As a Young Persons Support Worker in Solihull, the client group being supported are young people aged 16-25 years who may have some complex needs.
* Key working with young people to build successful and trusting relationships
* Keeping record of work done with clients in the form of support plans
* Risk assessing individuals and ensuring safeguarding at all times
* Providing therapeutic support to the people and assisting them with life skills and providing housing related support
The successful candidate for the role of Young Persons Support Worker in Solihull will have:
* Experience working with children or young people and an ability to engage with this client group
* An understanding of the impacts of caring on young people and how to support them with this
* A genuine passion for working with vulnerable young people
* Availability to work flexibly
* Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding
* A DBS check issued within the last 12 months and/or on signed up to the update service
This role as Young Persons Support Worker in Solihull gives the opportunity to gain employment within a reputable organisation within the market. It is perfect for someone with some experience of working with children and young people. Morgan Hunt have been working within Social Care & Housing for more than 12 years to help find housing professionals the right position at the right time. We provide an honest and consultative approach will help our candidates to secure the most suitable position for them.
If you feel you meet the above criteria, please apply now.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.