Morgan Hunt are currently working with a Facilities Provider based in Royston, in their search for Catering Assistants. The role is an exciting opportunity for a catering assistant who has experience within the Public and Health Sectors.
As a catering assistant, you will assist the organisation in providing both visitors and staff with a high quality person centred and safe catering service, by assisting with the preparation of food stuffs and contributing to the operation and cleanliness of kitchens, dining rooms and associated equipment whilst supporting the production, portioning, distribution and service of the meals and snacks.
Job Title: Catering Assistant
Location: Royston, Hertfordshire and surrounding areas
Job Type: Temporary
Hours: Full and Part-Time available
Start Date: Immediate
- Present a successful catering service to customers and patrons.
- Assist in the preparation of meals and services for staff, visitors, external clients and
- Clean crockery, cutlery, utensils, containers and small scale equipment manually and through machine washers.
- Clean floors, work surfaces, furnishings and related equipment manually and by use of machine.
- Prepare and present sandwiches within the remit of the Catering department.
- Assist Chef's with basic food preparation and cooking.
- Clean and prepare ward food trolleys for meal service.
- Deliver food service trolley to wards.
- Assist with the cleaning, stocking and recording of vending machines
- Recording of food waste after each meal
- Appropriate disposal of waste as per waste management policy
- Comply with food hygiene regulations with regard to food service equipment cleaning and departmental cleanliness
- Comply with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points, ensuring all relevant paper work is completed
- High personal hygiene standards
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.