I am currently working with a well-known University, based in the Midlands, in their search for a Interim Category Manager to join the procurement team through a restructure as they strengthen the group's procurement functions.
The role will require you to assist the Senior Category Manager with the establishment and development of effective procurement strategies, processes and controls. To assist the organisation to achieve value for money through the promotion of lowest total cost of ownership, ensuring compliance with internal and external regulations governing procurement activity. To assist tender activity in allocated category areas ensuring compliance with UK Public Procurement Regulations, European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), other external funding and framework structures as applicable.
Job Title: Category Manager
Location: Remote (Ideally 1 per week in the office but flexible)
Day Rate: £300 - £400
Job Type: Interim (6 Months)
Hours: Full-time (36 hours per week)
Start Date: ASAP
* Provide procurement process & commercial analysis support to the Procurement Team
* To work with the Senior Category Manager to develop and deliver plans that optimise value for money, support the
efficient and cost effective purchase of goods and services for the University and ensure alignment to the
* To assist with tendering activity for the University in allocated category areas, delivering best value for money and
mitigating identified contractual risk.
* To identify category spend and recommend the most appropriate procurement strategy to meet customer
requirements whilst maintaining compliance with University policy and procedures.
* Assist on procurement for multiple projects, balancing a variety of critical deliverables (time, cost, quality,
sustainability, etc.) without compromising service standards or risk management.
* Understand and encourage the use of existing contracts (local, regional, or national) and work with the relevant
consortiums to improve these.
* To ensure procurement activity and subsequent contract management is undertaken in compliance with external
investment sources and specifically the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
* Ensure that all tendering activity makes maximum use of electronic systems to encourage transparency and
demonstrate process efficiency.
* Contribute to wider collaborative initiatives, including attending and representing the University at various
regional and national procurement groups (i.e. the North West Purchasing Consortium), for allocated category
* Relevant, recent experience of procurement at a professional level in a corporate category area including but not
limited to IT, Estates, HR and Professional Services.
* Experience in the procurement of service contracts and frameworks including utility procurement.
* Experience of developing and improving procurement related policies, processes and controls
* Experience of developing value-add relationships with category specific suppliers.
* Sound knowledge of commercial and UK law
* Experience of project management.
Please apply below to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity as a Interim Procurement Category Manager.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.