Are you a Business Rates Officer looking for work in the East of England?
Morgan Hunt's Public Sector and Government client based in the East of England is looking to recruit a Business Rates Officer to provide support throughout a busy period.
This assignment has been deemed inside of IR35 and will offer full time home working.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have the ability to:
- Proficiently use the Academy (Capita) Revenues and Benefits Processing system
- Administer the Billing, Collection and Recovery of Business Rates
- Maintain and update Business Rates records to allow for accurate Billing and Collection of outstanding monies
- Open, close and amend Council Tax Accounts
- Take payments and set up direct debits
- Apply discounts, reliefs, exemptions and disregards
- Check and authorise requests for refunds and write-offs
- Trace absconded Business Rates Payments
- Review and determine the most appropriate action to collect outstanding Business Rates debts
- Deal with summonses and liability orders
- Issue reminders and notices
- Instigate and review enforcement action in relation to insolvencies and committals
- Liaise with external organisations
- Prepare cases for Magistrates Court and Valuation Tribunals
- Make outbound and field incoming customer calls to and from Business Rates customers
If you're looking to work from home for a Public Sector and Government client based in the East of England, and feel you meet the essential criteria outlined above to be a Business Rates Officer, please contact the team with an up to date CV.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.