Are you a Housing Benefits Overpayments Officer looking for work in South Yorkshire or remotely from home?
Morgan Hunt's Public Sector and Government client based in South Yorkshire is looking to recruit a Housing Benefits Overpayments Officer to maximise the Collection and Recovery of outstanding Housing Benefit Overpayment debts owed to the Local Authority.
This assignment has been deemed inside of IR35 and offers full time home working.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have the ability to:
- Proficiently use the Academy (Capita) Revenues and Benefits Processing System
- Hold and maintain an in depth understanding of Housing Benefit legislation and regulations
- Recover Overpaid Housing Benefit from former and current private sector tenants, social housing tenants, and landlords
- Trace debtors and pursue recovery action
- Determine reasons for non-payment or overdue payment of outstanding Housing Benefit overpayments
- Make payment arrangements for outstanding Housing Benefit overpayment debts
- Take payments and set up direct debits
- Issue letters, invoices, reminders and final demands
- Recommend debts to be authorised for write off
- Issue refunds and transfer credits
- Refer cases for court action
- Work closely and liaise with internal departments and external organisations
- Assist and handle customer queries over the phone
If you're seeking work in South Yorkshire or remotely from home, and feel you meet the essential criteria outlined above to be a Housing Benefits Overpayments Officer, please contact the team quoting reference CR/001628.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.