Are you an interim Benefits Manager looking for work in Bedfordshire or remotely from home?
An exciting opportunity for an interim Benefits Manager has arisen with Morgan Hunt's Public Sector and Government client based in Bedfordshire.
As an Interim Benefits Manager, you'll be responsible for the delivery of a high quality Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support and Discretionary Housing Payment service in accordance with statutory requirements and Council strategy that encourages the use of cost effective digital services whilst also meeting the requirements of customers less able to use self-service options.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to:
- Lead a team responsible for assessing all types of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support claims to ensure that assessments are carried out promptly, accurately and efficiently so that residents receive the relevant level of entitlement
- Effectively manage staff, resource, projects and risks to the Council as well as oversee the implementation of approved project plans within agree timescales and within an agreed budget
- Carry out staff appraisals and one to ones
- Effectively train and development staff
- Respond to enquiries from Council Members, Members of Parliament, the Local Government Ombudsman, and other high profile individuals or organisations
- Respond to and resolve formal complaints about the service
- Deal with Government returns
- Represent the Council at tribunals relating to the service area and to attend Council Committees and other meetings as required.
- Hold a mature and understanding approach, with the ability to be sympathetic but firm when necessary and tactful when dealing with difficult customers
- Communicate effectively with customers and staff
If you're seeking work in Bedfordshire and feel you meet the criteria outlined above to be an Interim Benefits Manager, please contact the team with an up to date CV.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.