Are you a Revenues Team Leader looking for work in the East Midlands or remotely from home?
Morgan Hunt's Public Sector and Government client based in the East Midlands is looking to recruit a Revenues Team Leader to lead and manage the day to day operation and performance of the Council Tax and Business Rates team in accordance with legislation, local policies, strategies and key performance targets.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have the ability to:
- Lead and authorise decisions in respect of insolvency, charging order and committal, providing technical expertise and advice in respect of enforcement.
- Utilise knowledge, skills and experience to enable the maximisation of income growth and reduction in debt.
- Identify uncollectable debt and ensure the preparation and submission of write off recommendations is in accordance with local operating procedures and financial regulations.
- Lead and authorise decisions in respect of discretionary reliefs having regard for local policy and budgets.
- Ensure effective and efficient systems for record keeping are established and maintained.
- Maintain a personal awareness of developments within the Revenues area of work keeping abreast of relevant legislation, court judgements, ombudsman cases and audit recommendations.
- Support with escalated cases, complaints, member and MP enquiries and correspondence received from the Local Government Ombudsman Ensure learning from appeals and complaints is utilised to improve accuracy, customer service and reduce work volumes
- Allocate work and monitor individual performance
- Carry out staff appraisals, performance reviews, and 121s with all direct reports
- Manage attendance at work including managing sickness absence
- Prepare detailed reports and undertake statistical analysis as required.
- Create and maintain excellent communication channels across the Service and with other colleagues, customers, service groups and external partners or agencies.
- Successfully recruit and appoint staff to the team.
Assist in disciplinary issues and carry out management investigations, in accordance with Council policy and procedure.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement staff and the service.
- Effectively identify training needs for staff.
- Handle and answer complex queries from customers.
- Hold a mature and understanding approach, with the ability to be sympathetic but firm when necessary and tactful when dealing with difficult customers.
- Communicate effectively with customers and staff.
If you're looking for work in the East Midlands or remotely from home, and feel you meet the essential criteria outlined above to be a Revenues Team Leader, please contact the team with an up to date CV.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.