Are you a Revenues Officer looking for work in Staffordshire or remotely from home?
Morgan Hunt's Public Sector and Government client based in Staffordshire is looking to recruit a Revenues Officer for a 6 month initial temporary position.
This assignment has been deemed inside of IR35 and will offer full time home working.
Within this role, you'll be responsible for the administration of Business Rate Discretionary Rate Relief (DRR) applications, Write Off/On reports, and Revenues Appeals and Complaints.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have the ability to:
- Proficiently use the Academy (Capita) Revenues and Benefits processing system
- Administer the Billing, Collection and Recovery of Council Tax
- Manage Business Rate Discretionary Rate Relief (DRR) applications through to formal approvals process.
- Liaise with Revenues Team staff to ensure Business Rate Discretionary Rate Relief (DRR) applications are complete
- Request information from applicants where needed to support the relief application
- Liaise with the Finance team for assessment of application
- Manage the DRR application process, ensuring relevant approvals are obtained at each stage
- Manage Write Off/On reports through to formal approvals process, ensuring relevant approvals are obtained at each stage
- Compile lists of outstanding Council Tax, Business Rates, Sundry Debts and Housing Benefit Overpayments where amounts identified for write off
- Update relevant accounts, ensuring process is finalised in accordance with the Council's procedures.
- Manage Council Tax and Business Rate appeals from tax payers through to decision
- Review appeal requests and seek further information from applicant or relevant persons, where required
- Inform the ratepayer appealing a decision of relevant actions
- Prepare applications and reports for the Revenues Team Leader to put forward for consideration by Senior Officers and Members
If you're looking to work remotely from home for a Public Sector and Government client based in Staffordshire, and feel you meet the essential criteria outlined above to be a Revenues Officer, please contact the team with an up to date CV.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.