Morgan Hunt are working with Newcastle College (based in Newcastle upon Tyne) to recruit for an English Lecturer. The successful candidate will teach English to vibrant students and will be needed for an immediate start. The role is based on site at the College.
Newcastle College is an established Further Education and Training College who offers hundreds of vocational courses, degrees and apprenticeships to learners across the North East. Students at the College learn the skills that employers really need and benefit from first-class facilities, tutors with real experience and opportunities to learn directly from industry experts. Their award-winning student help team helps everyone get the best out of their time with the College.
The English Lecturer will be responsible for:
- Delivering the full Further Education and Training specification in English
- Planning and coordinating lessons and resources to enable learners to achieve their qualifications
- Quality delivery of interactive lessons to learners with clear lesson objectives
- Motivate and inspire learners using up-to-date teaching methodology
- Set and monitor regular homework in line with student abilities
- Keep in line with quality assurance (collect learner views, lesson observation, working through action plan)
- Ensure accurate completion of class registers at all times, stay on top of admin work and marking
- Any other duties as required by the College
The English Lecturer will:
- Have substantial experience the Further Education and Training sector
- Hold a UK recognised teaching qualification, specific to English (CELTA or DELTA)
- Have previous experience working as an English Lecturer and a successful record in retention and achievement
- Hold a Level 3 or above qualification in the subject area
- Hold GCSEs in both Maths and English, at grade A-C or equivalent
- Have a valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one
- Be willing to travel to, in and around the Newcastle upon Tyne area
In return the successful English Lecturer role will receive:
- Free CPD training opportunities
- Opportunity to apply for permanent positions within the College, at the first instance
- Progression opportunities
- Any other benefits offered by the College
If you are passionate in the delivery of high-quality teaching, match the above criteria, are looking for a new role and are based in and around Newcastle upon Tyne, please apply now!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.