Morgan Hunt are currently working with a facilities company based in Newcastle, in their search for SIA-qualified Security Staff. The role is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Security Guard, who has experience within the private sector.
As part of the security team, you will help in making sure that the centre and is accessible and safe for customers, visitors and staff. You will also be protecting buildings and valuable equipment
Job Title: Security Guard
Location: Various locations around Newcastle
Job Type: Temporary - ongoing
Hours: Full Time, up to 50 hours per week
Start Date: ASAP
- Flexibility in position; ensure you are able to adapt at short notice to shift changes as required for operational reasons.
- Undertake traffic management duties as required to ease traffic flow.
- Follow instructions from team leader, supervisor or any manager.
- Comply with all contractual requirements.
- Ensure attendance at work, ensure good timekeeping and comply with any local absence reporting procedure.
- Conduct cash escort duties locally as required.
- Comply and adhere to stated Uniform Standards and PPE for each specific task.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements, fire regulations and company
- policies and on-site procedures relating to security matters. Report any concerns/issues to the Public Safety Controller on-duty.
- Ensure own safety at all times and approach incidents of a hostile nature in a non-confrontational manner. Ensure 'hands off' approach to conflict management.
- Manage access to loading bays ensuring all vehicles are pre booked using the approved method.
- Security patrols of the site on foot or via use of approved vehicle to provide and enhance public safety utilising the 'Elogbooks' touring system.
- Maintain efficient and accurate records and note books ensuring all significant incidents are reported in full and in a timely fashion.
- Deliver quality customer service to all visitors, retailers and contractors.
- Possess the ability to provide results or resolutions to problems with a positive and courteous manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that all services are performed to the quality standard which meets or exceeds the requirements of the client and customers.
- Undertake full first aid at work training as required.
- If trained, provide assistance and/or response to First Aid/Lifts/Escalators/Revolving Doors/Fire response/Searches and missing persons/vehicles.
- Be observant and take action to provide a safe and secure shopping environment.
- Undertake manual handling duties as required. (not exceeding a load of 20Kgs individually)
- SIA License in Guarding or Door Supervision
- First Aid at Work (training provided within employment if needed)
- Previous Security experience
- Good customer service skills
- Relationship management skills that enable you to work with people at all levels and across diverse nationalities
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation
- Experience working in a team environment
- Good physical fitness
- Able to travel and work unsocial hours
- Driving license desirable
- Ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and offer new ideas
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to work required
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.