We have a current opportunity for a HE Course Leader for Construction on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Greater Manchester. For further information about this position please apply.
HE Course Leader- Construction
Full Time- Permanent
For a University Centre based in Greater Manchester
Salary up to £46,000- Inclusive of Market Force Supplement
Morgan Hunt are currently working with a Leading FE College and University Centre who are seeking an experienced person in Construction and Quantity Surveying who is able to expand the Construction curriculum offer and lead on the successful design, development and delivery of the range of Higher National and degree courses, which include Higher Technical Qualifications.
As Course Leader and Lecturer, you will be responsible for the academic leadership of the courses and for teaching a range of modules within the discipline. You will be an enthusiastic and friendly professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with a commitment to providing an excellent student experience. As a practice-experienced professional, you will be able to apply your experience in teaching your students.
The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of Construction and Quantity Surveying and be confident teaching undergraduate students at Levels 4-6. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to develop their academic career in a small and friendly environment, whilst utilising their vocational skills background to enrich the student experience.
The successful candidate will have industry experience and a proven record in inspirational teaching at HE level and have a demonstrable commitment to teaching and learning excellence.
You will be based in the Faculty of Justice, Business and Construction which is responsible for a range of programmes including the Higher Nationals (HTQs), foundation degrees, Honours degrees and professional qualifications. The main teaching areas would be for example:
- HNC/D Construction Management (Construction Design and Build Technician) (Pearson HTQ)
- HNC/D Construction Management (Construction Site Supervisor) (Pearson HTQ)
- HNC/D Quantity Surveying (Pearson HTQ)
- HNC/D Building Services Engineering (Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning)/Building Services Engineering (Electrical)
- BSc (Hons) Construction & Project Management (Top Up)
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Car Scheme
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon
- Recognised teaching Qualification
- Masters or PhD (Desirable)
- Relevant Industry Qualifications
To find out more, please apply or call Alex at Morgan Hunt on 0161 83 83 636 for more details.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.