Morgan Hunt are working with West Lancashire College to recruit for a Plumbing Lecturer on a full time permanent basis.
Summary of Main Purpose of Role:
The post holder will teach and manage learning on a range of courses from entry level to level 3.
As an employee within NCG, all employees are required to promote, uphold and demonstrate through personal example, our values and behaviours.
- Be a member of course teams responsible for the effective and efficient organisation and delivery of high quality learning programmes.
- Undertake a range of administration and programme leadership duties as well as undertaking teaching duties.
- Proactively contribute to curriculum and self-development (including CPD, research and scholarly activity) aligned to current and future business need and supporting growth of the curriculum.
- Demonstrate consistently the positive attitudes, values and behaviours of the organisation.
Duties undertaken by the postholder include being the lead academic/teacher for a designated course(s) and/or course tutor to designated courses and groups of students. These duties will extend to (but are not limited to) responsibility for:
- Identification and assessment of students' needs and progress
- Plan, design and develop high quality learning programmes and sessions that drive student progress.
- Deliver high quality learning and teaching programmes and activities that underpin positive outcomes for students
- Design and implement innovative assessment strategies to assess learning and students' achievements.
- Provide high quality feedback to students to drive improvement
- Undertake assessment, verification and self-assessment processes in line with agreed NCG / Divisional Quality procedures
- Monitor the quality performance of the programme(s), making timely and effective interventions to ensure positive impact for students
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with employers, parents / carers to promote the work of the College and the progress of students
- Lead programme teaching team(s) to deliver a high quality experience that meets quality and curriculum KPIs and positive student outcomes
- Ensure the effective recruitment, attendance, retention, achievement, progression and destinations of students
- Support recruitment and marketing activities
- Monitor, evaluate and improve the quality and effectiveness of personal practice and that of learning programmes and sessions
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in NCG
- Participate in any staff review/performance management processes involving the identifying and meeting of training needs for self and others.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equal opportunities throughout all activities.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
- Comply with all NCG policies and procedures (including those of the relevant NCG Division)
- NCG is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
If you are an experienced Plumbing Lecturer looking for a new role, please apply today and we will be in touch!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.