We have a current opportunity for a Housing Administrator on a permanent basis. The position will be based in our offices in Oldham. Our client have a contract working in partnership with Manchester City Council.
To provide an effective and customer focused service, working as part of a team delivering housing and support services to residents of our dispersed temporary accommodation across the city of Manchester.
To provide general office support to a team of Housing Support Workers, ensuring accurate data entry and updating a range of systems. To provide customers with a knowledgeable and professional first point of contact on the telephone, in writing and in person.
* Be the first point of contact for housing services, receiving enquiries from customers by telephone, by letter and electronically, and provide information and advice on housing services aiming to resolve problems immediately where possible
* Develop and maintain a good working knowledge of housing services and procedures and ensure procedures are followed when dealing with customer enquiries and requests
* Deal with difficult situations in a way that tries to resolve issues for the customer, seeking assistance from the Team Manager when necessary.
* Ensure ICT skills are up to date and meet developing needs, using Microsoft packages for producing written information and analysing data
* To manage all office administrative work, including updating the database and accurately scanning documentation, as directed by the Team Manager, Senior Support Worker or Contract Manager.
* Update systems with visit outcome information on behalf of the Housing Support Workers
* Assist the Housing Support Workers and Property Inspector in updating information around lettings, key returns, void properties and liaise with the provider to ensure voids are completed in time, notifying the financial controller where rent stops are required.
* Process requests for tenancy information, refunds, statements, direct debits, references etc.
* Assist in resolving benefit queries by liaising with the Housing Benefit Team.
What you'll need
* Experience of providing excellent customer focussed services in a social or commercial setting.
* Experience of undertaking a wide range of administrative duties as part of a team.
* Experience of working with sensitive and confidential information
* Experience of maintaining records, providing reports and monitoring information
Skills and Abilities
* Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that promote understanding
* Ability to deal with problems with a solution focussed approach.
* Able to work with minimal supervision.
* Experienced in handling sensitive information and working within data protection regulations.
* Good organisational skills with a proactive approach and attention to detail
* Able to work well under pressure to agreed deadlines
* Good verbal and numerical skills
* Able to develop and maintain ICT skills and use Microsoft packages for producing written information (Word) and analysing data (Excel)
* Able to work within a team, sharing information and ideas, providing cross team cover, solving problems and meet team targets.
* Able to manage and maintain records, files and other documentation accurately.
* Resilient and able to work under pressure
* High degree of integrity, confidentiality and diplomacy
* Able to work independently or as part of wider team as tasks require
* Excellent ICT skills including use of packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Education and training
* GCSE level or equivalent
* Commitment to continued personal development
For further information, please contact me directly.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.