We have a current opportunity for a Housing Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be office based in Oldham.
Our client a national housing organisation provides temporary accommodation to c. 400 families across Manchester.
You will have knowledge of housing management and experience of delivering a customer centred service, with a primary focus on income collection. You will be responsible for ensuring that all weekly rents are collected and that arrears are kept to a minimum. Working alongside the Support Manager to ensure that tenants are assisted in sustaining their tenancy and provided with the necessary support and advice to do so.
Your team will also support the management of our clients properties, through regular inspections, monitoring our void and allocation process and ensuring that all tenancy records are maintained.
You will provide effective management, leading your team to deliver against Key Performance Indicators in line with the contract with MCC
* Work with the Contract Manager and Support Managers to deliver the contract requirements for the contract with MCC.
* Direct Line Management of a small diverse team. Establishing a programme of regular supervision meetings, focused on performance and continuous personal development.
* In conjunction with the Contract Manager agree key performance indicators against which to monitor the performance of individual team members, ensuring that the contract requirements are met.
* Carry out active performance monitoring, using regular audits of current IT systems/database to ensure that records are accurately maintained, notes regularly updated and Income collection procedures are followed.
* Work with the Contract Manager to review and develop the Income Collection Procedures ensuring that these are compliant with good practice accepted across the housing sector.
* Ensure that the Income Officer undertakes regular reviews of all accounts, ensuring that payments are received, and that appropriate recovery action is taken.
* Ensure that the service is delivered within the approved contract budget, working with the Contract Manager to highlight any potential overspends.
* Liaise with the Support Managers to ensure that the Income Officer works closely with the Housing Support Workers in ensuring that the needs of vulnerable tenants are met and that they receive effective support as appropriate when dealing with debt.
* Ensure that regular inspections of those homes managed by District Homes are undertaken to ensure that these meet an acceptable standard.
* In conjunction with the Support Managers, manage the office duty system to ensure that all resident contact, via telephone, text or WhatsApp are responded to appropriately and in a timely manner.
* Personal commitment to ensure diversity is positively valued, resulting in equal access and treatment in employment, service delivery and communications
What we're looking for
* Experience of staff management and development in a housing environment.
* Experience of working within a contract environment and delivering against all key performance indicators.
* Experience of collaborating with a range of external stakeholders and partner agencies.
* Experience of creating reports and monitoring information
* Working with sensitive and confidential information
* Experience/understanding of safeguarding in relation to vulnerable adults and children
Skills and Abilities
* Strong interpersonal skills including building a network of external stakeholders and partners
* Excellent organisational skills with the ability to deliver objectives
* Team leadership to develop the team and adapt to changing environments
* Ability to manage staff working away from the central hub
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Able to work well under pressure to agreed deadlines
* Good communication skills both written and verbal including confident presentation skills
* Proactive, with ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions to problems
* Skills to use ICT systems to obtain and analyse data and present it effectively through a variety of ICT channels
* Resilient and able to work under pressure
* High degree of integrity, confidentiality and diplomacy
* Social housing and homelessness systems
* Wide knowledge of housing management and Income Collection. With an understanding of tenancy legislation, homelessness legislation and housing provision for homeless people
* Performance management practices and leadership styles
Education and training
* A level or equivalent
* Commitment to continued development
* Supporting customers to obtain temporary accommodation and maintain their tenancy
* An open minded and customer focused attitude
* Willingness to take accountability for own actions in the delivery of objectives
* Able to be flexible in terms of working hours
This role requires consent to and apply for an enhanced DBS disclosure check or provide details of their DBS registered with the update service. For more information please contact me directly.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.