We have a current opportunity for a Income Officer on a temporary basis with a view to becoming more permanent. The position will be based in Oldham for a national housing association.
To provide an effective and customer focused housing income collection service to tenants within our dispersed temporary accommodation across the City of Manchester. Working closely with our Housing Support Officers to ensure tenants receive appropriate advice and assistance to enable them to pay. Responsibility for the recovery of outstanding arrears and making agreement with tenants to pay outstanding debts.
* Maximise rental income collection whilst ensuring key principles of customer care are adhered to and the needs of vulnerable tenants are met.
* Negotiate realistic repayment agreements, considering the tenants financial circumstances.
* Work closely with the Housing Support Worker to ensure that the tenant receives appropriate debt counselling, income maximisation and budgeting advice.
* Actively monitor all repayment arrangements on a regular basis and take appropriate action to ensure payment plans remain on track.
* Ensure all recording systems are updated and maintained on an accurate and timely basis, and that all processes are completed within the prescribed timescales.
* Actively encourage customers to take responsibility for their Housing benefit or Universal Credit claim, working with the Housing Support Worker to ensure that they are given appropriate support as required.
* Maintain accurate, up to date records and collect data and information to evidence performance around Income Collection, ensuring achievement of internal and external targets.
* Personal commitment to ensure diversity is positively valued, resulting in equal access and treatment in employment, service delivery and communications
* Personal commitment to continuous self-development and service improvement.
* Work collaboratively with colleagues and cover for colleagues during absences.
* Support the Operations Director and managers in ensuring a healthy and safe working environment for clients and staff and undertake other duties as required.
* Comply with our clients' standards of information governance, data security and protection, and documented systems and procedures.
What you'll need
* Experience of providing excellent customer focussed services in a social or commercial setting.
* Experience of liaising with external stakeholders and partners
* Experience of working with sensitive and confidential information
* Experience of maintaining records, providing reports and monitoring information
Skills and Abilities
* Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that promote understanding
* Ability to deal with problems with a solution focussed approach.
* Able to work with minimal supervision, taking responsibility and action in complex situations to ensure objectives are achieved.
* Ability to interpret financial information
* Be able to identify safeguarding issues and use appropriate reporting mechanisms.
* Understanding of welfare and benefits systems.
* Experienced in handling sensitive information and working within data protection regulations.
* Ability to manage potentially emotive and stressful situations.
* Strong interpersonal skills including representing District Homes to customers, external stakeholders and partners
* Good organisational skills with a proactive approach and attention to detail
* Able to work well under pressure to agreed deadlines
* Good verbal and numerical skills to undertake calculations and produce letters and other documentation
* Skills to use ICT systems to obtain and analyse data and present it effectively through a variety of ICT channels
* Resilient and able to work under pressure
* High degree of integrity, confidentiality and diplomacy
* Able to work independently or as part of wider team as tasks require
* Understanding of housing law particularly relating to income management and its application in the homeless sector.
* Excellent ICT skills including use of packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Please contact me directly for a full job description and person specification
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.