Supported Housing Manager
Temporary 6 month contract
35 hours per week
Manchester (travel will be required across sites)
Morgan Hunt are thrilled to be working with one of the largest Domestic Abuse Charities to recruit a Supported Housing Manager for a 6-month temporary contract.
You will work alongside the existing Manager to support with the operational running of 5 refuges across Manchester, lead and develop new staff members, as well as responding to crisis and working directly with the women they support.
- Provide day to day operational management of 5 refuges across the city including health and safety compliance with legal requirements and regular audits of paperwork and processes
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with housing providers and / or landlords to influence service user move on timescales
- Ensure voids are within budget levels and that vacant bed spaces are available for new referrals within appropriate timescales
- Work to ensure income maximisation from refuge through effective financial processes for the collection of timely housing benefit and personal charge
- Effectively manage crisis situations with service users at risk by making appropriate decisions quickly whilst under pressure
- Provide effective line manager to refuge team members including inducting, supporting and developing new staff members
- Responsible for all aspects of staff management including casework supervision, appraisals and absence management
- Support the implementation of the organisation's 'Commendations, Comments and Complaints' procedure through leading investigations and implementing action plans for service improvement where necessary
- Maintain awareness of child protection /safeguarding issues and report any such concerns as a matter of urgency
- Work with the organisation's Performance Lead to monitor the outputs and outcomes of the service against the service contract
The successful candidate will have recent experience of managing staff teams within a housing management environment along with;
- Experience of working with vulnerable client groups and the ability to respond to, and manage crisis situations
- Excellent awareness of child protection, vulnerable adult's protection and safeguarding
- Maximising income and keeping voids at a minimum
- Using Manchester Move to support move on of service users when appropriate
- An excellent level of knowledge of housing options, welfare benefits and other appropriate support systems
- A proven track record of developing partnership working through a multi-agency approach
- An excellent understanding of statutory requirements for site safety and management
We are looking for an inspirational leader, who can work alongside the existing Manager to develop new staff members, ensuring a high quality, client focus service is always at the forefront. As part of your role you will be able to effectively manage risk, putting safety measures in place.
The post of Supported Housing Manager is open to women only under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1 and an Enhanced DBS will be required. You must be flexible to move around the city responding to the needs of each service.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.