We have a current opportunity for a Project Worker on a temporary basis, with a view to turning permanent. The position is based in the Trafford area of Manchester.
* To work as part of a team within a supported housing services in Greater Manchester, providing high quality, personalised housing related support to young customers aged 16 to 19 years old.
* The post holder will use a person-centred approach to enable customers to develop independent living skills and move on successfully into more permanent accommodation suitable to their needs. To successfully build on skills that will support the customer to access work, training or education.
* The post holder will use techniques such as coaching and strengths-based approaches to enable customers to develop emotional resilience, overcome barriers and take control of their lives.
* Under direction from the Supported Housing Manager the post holder will be involved in all aspects of housing management, which include but are not exclusive to; collecting rent, reporting repairs, maintaining the health and safety of the building.
Main areas of responsibility
* Work in conjunction with the Supported Housing Manager, the Senior Support Worker and other Project Workers and referring agencies to participate in the selection of applicants, issue licence agreements, induct and orientate new customers into the scheme and local area.
* Develop in partnership with customers and partner agents, individualised support packages. This will involve assessing the customer's support needs and risks to develop person-centred support plans and risk assessments, which will be outcome focused and reviewed regularly.
* Organise and deliver group work sessions (such as money skills and employability), ensuring that meaningful involvement is central to all activities.
* To ensure all customer files, support logs and any other customer focused administration is correctly recorded and kept up to date as per the scheme support procedures.
* The post holder will develop individual pathways to workability and support to move onto appropriate accommodation in a timely manner.
* React promptly to changing support needs of customers, reviewing plans and assessments, in conjunction with other team members update or refer to relevant support agencies, i.e. mental health services, benefit agencies and social services.
* Ability to resolve conflict, anti-social behaviour, deal with effectively, maintain records and follow corporate and scheme procedures.
* Maintain all customer records in line with their and scheme recording procedures.
* Complete daily welfare checks in line with their policies and procedures.
* Complete regular H&S checks in line with their scheme policies and procedures to ensure the safety, security of the building, customers, colleagues and visitors is maintained. React to any concerns and report to relevant team, i.e. repairs.
* Carry out risk assessments and participate in risk management in accordance with their policies.
* Monitor standards and contribute to the development of service provision, to always promote the interests of the schemes and the client.
* Maintain active links and good communication with relevant statutory, partner agents, voluntary and employment agencies to utilise support, information and guidance.
* Project Workers will be expected to take pride in both schemes and as such may be expected to take part in some light cleaning duties.
* Undertake other such work of an equal nature and duties related to the objectives of the post as directed by the appropriate line manager.
This post requires an enhanced DBS. for for information please contact the Housing team directly
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.