Are you innovative and creative?
Do you like to do things a little bit differently?
Can you think outside the box and work autonomously?
Morgan Hunt is delighted to be working with a social enterprise that offers a unique and exciting opportunity to support an innovative programme delivering Homelessness Prevention services to Young People across Greater Manchester.
This is a 3-year homelessness prevention programme for Young People across Greater Manchester and has been designed for those who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. Through coaching, it enables young people to overcome any challenges that are impacting their accommodation. Priority is given to people aged 18 - 25 and over the duration of the programme, the aim is to support 1250 young people across all boroughs of Greater Manchester through specialist local delivery projects.
What can young people expect from the project?
- Sustained accommodation either through stabilising existing accommodation or facilitating access to new, long-term accommodation.
- A personalised plan, led by the young person that reflects their strengths, aspirations, and circumstances.
- Opportunities to engage in activities that they find interesting or helpful in their life to support their values.
- A focus on wellbeing, supporting improvement of their mental and physical health.
- Coaching style of delivery to empower young people to realise and achieve their goals and aspirations for the future and create long term, sustainable changes to their housing.
The Progression Coach role is a newly funded role whose main aspect is to work with young people to prevent homelessness for those at imminent or long-term risk. The aim of the project is to provide holistic and multifaceted support to young people. This includes helping with accommodation but also fostering broader achievements in areas like financial stability, meaning activities and creating support networks.
- Support people in a positive way by focusing on their wellbeing and personal development.
- Equip young people with the skills and confidence in order to progress into independent lifestyles.
- Prepare and develop individual plans, achieve outcomes in accordance with contractual KPIs.
- Promote wellbeing by providing access to mental health support, referring into local and regional specialist services, helping to develop resilience, confidence, and motivation.
- Liaising with other professional agencies and internal teams to identify future housing options, training, education, and employment opportunities.
- Ensure that individuals understand financial management in preparation for independent living. Including focus on rent payments and budget creation.
- Ensure that individuals are safe, inspired and engaged to reach goals they have set for themselves.
As a successful Progression Coach, you will be a person who is.
- Highly organised
- An excellent communicator
- Able to work within tight deadlines.
- Able to work in a team and empower others.
- Able to take responsibility and ownership for work and tasks set.
- Able to work with high levels of empathy.
- Abe to see and understand the bigger picture - understand systematic barriers and identify ways to overcome them.
Both temporary and permanent opportunities are available for the role of Progression Coach across the boroughs of Oldham and Rochdale. Although this is a full-time role, part time candidates may be considered if thy are the best fit for the role. Due to the nature of the role a car driver would be desirable, given that travel will be required across boroughs as and when required.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.