A great opportunity for a permanent Site Manager - new build housing development just outside Liverpool.
Our client established for over 50 years is a leading partnership housing expert offering growth potential for anyone working for them. They offer a diverse portfolio of work and believe in promoting people from within whenever they can so their staff achieve their full potential.
The purpose of this role is to be accountable for on-site management of new build 45 unit residential site.
What you'll do:
Site Managers should be able to demonstrate a proactive attitude towards achieving successful outcomes in the following key areas:
- Build programmes / timescales agreed
- Health, Safety and Environmental issues
- Agreed project specific KPI's
- Client / purchaser satisfaction
- Site presentation / material protection
- Considerate Constructors Scheme
- Adherence to LIMS procedures
Manage the process
Production and programme
- Understand programme for site at Pre-Start, organise Company and Sub-Contract resources to meet programme and constantly monitor production levels against programme. Take timely action to remedy production short falls.
- Ensure that Sub-contractors "extras" are minimised and that re-work is avoided. Ensure that site establishment and operating costs remain within preliminaries budget.
Material Delivery and Control
- Call off and progress material delivery, monitor quality and quantity of deliveries, record and return material and plant delivery records to office in accordance with Company procedures.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Take responsibility for the monitoring of safe execution of all works in accordance with current legislation and Company procedures. Liaise with Company Safety team, NHBC and other enforcing authorities.
- Health and Safety - All employees have a statutory duty to look after their own safety and to give due consideration for the safety of others. Employees also have specific responsibilities as set out in the Company
Health and Safety Policy.
- Equality & Diversity - All employees must comply with the Company Equality and Diversity Policy, ensuring that at all times behaviour is fair and non-discriminatory.
Serving the Customer (Internal and External)
Sales / Customer Liaison
- Represent the Company to its Clients in an efficient, responsible, professional and pleasant manner. Deal with Client complaints promptly when needs arise. Liaise with sales representatives over all matters involving Clients' requirements and actively participate in the house demonstration and handover process.
Liaison with external agencies
- Liaise with NHBC, Building Control, Highways, Utility Providers, Enforcing Authorities and Water Authority Inspectors to ensure technical compliance and programme.
- Ensure that roads and sewers are placed on maintenance, adopted, enabling bonds reduced and cancelled as early as possible.
- Monitor quality of all works to ensure full technical compliance and adherence to the Company LIMS and QMS procedures.
- Achieve standards within Service Delivery.
- Ensure that site is kept tidy and that the site is presented in a clean, tidy, professional manner.
What you'll need for this role:
Technical Skills and Knowledge -
Ideally from a trades background at a housing developer or contractor with detailed knowledge of NHBC requirements and building regulations.
Understanding of structural principles
Knowledge of road and sewer construction, good trade practice
Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations and environmental regulations.
For more information and a full description please contact me on 07855 762858 or email
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.