We have a current opportunity for a Assessor in Building Services - Engineering on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Gloucester college. For further information about this position please apply.
Job Title: Assessor in Building Services - Engineering
Job Type: Permanent
Industry: Education and Training
In this Assessor in Building Services - Engineering opportunity you will join Our Further Education Client .
We know how important it is to have industry experts in the team and we welcome applications from both experienced Trainers/Assessors or currently working in industry looking for a move into teaching. We will fully support you to complete your assessing qualification (CAVA) and by joining an experienced team, your colleagues will guide and coach you to develop into an experienced and successful assessor.
The Assessors role is vital to a learner's successful completion of their Standard qualification.
The role requires the assessor to work closely with the Employer, Learner and Curriculum Tutors to ensure work placed assessment of the learners are completed in line with the qualification requirements.
The Assessor will be supporting the learners in applying their skills they have learnt in the classroom.
The Assessor will be required to develop assessment materials using a range of Microsoft packages, such as word and PowerPoint.
Plan assessment activity with the learner and employer so all parties know what they need to achieve.
Communicate this clearly, drive to employer's premises/site of work to complete assessment and to support the learner with gathering their evidence of workplace.
Provide supportive and constructive feedback and develop activities to support the learners in their production of a portfolio of evidence. Supporting the Learner right through to their End Point Assessment Completion and achievement of their qualification as either a Building Services Engineering Installer or Crafts-person.
The Assessor will need to be able to plan their diary, use a range of IT packages, and be ambitious for their learners and looking for opportunities for self-development.
Duties and responsibilities
The purpose of this role is to develop and assess learner's performance and/or related knowledge in a range of tasks, and to ensure that the competence and/or knowledge demonstrated meets the requirements of the apprenticeship standards. You will receive training and support so that you can implement and administer all assessment and internal verification procedures at the College and train and guide learners to develop their skills and abilities with regards to assessment and verification.
* Motivate, inspire and lead learners in the achievement of their qualifications
* Implement and administer all training and assessment and internal verification procedures as laid down by the General Conditions of Recognition from Ofqual
* Support, train and guide learners and develop their personal and professional attitudes, skills and abilities with regard to assessment and verification
* Guide and support learners as to the required evidence for their apprenticeship standard and to make judgements about that evidence
* Assess learners and provide feedback demonstrating a clear understanding of minimum requirements for competence whilst embedding maths and English
* Liaise with other assessors, internal verifiers, Apprenticeship Manager and the Head of School and to attend meetings
* Contribute to learner and employer reviews as required
* Work closely with employers and the sales team to secure new business for the college
* Contribute to the achievement of Centre targets in respect of learner recruitment, attendance, retention, progress and achievement
* Respond positively and actively to curriculum development opportunities for new Apprenticeship programme initiatives and bespoke employer training
* Respond positively to any course or enrolment enquiries and to contribute to all aspects of the Centre's publicity and student recruitment programme
Required Qualifications and experience
Essential: Up to date industry knowledge of Heating and Ventilating within a built environment.
Hold a minimum of level 3 qualification in Heating and Ventilating Willingness to complete an assessor qualification (CAVA) Computer literate
Experience of training and assessing holding relevant teaching qualification. Qualified Internal Quality Assurer Maths and English at Level 2 or equivalent
This is a brilliant opportunity to pass your knowledge and expertise on to the next generation of budding Building Services Engineers if you have a real passion for your trade and teaching.
We also offer an attractive benefits package with 27 day's annual leave plus Bank Holidays and Christmas closure (increasing to 32 day's leave after 5 year's service) and a matched pension contribution scheme.
If you are interested in this postion please apply with your up-to-date CV. No cover letter is required.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.