Morgan Hunt are currently working with Gloucestershire College to recruit a Lecturer in Patisserie and Professional Cookery. The successful candidate will be able to teach Patisserie and Professional Cookery, will be passionate and good at managing learners both inside and outside of the classroom. This position is a temporary part time contract consisting of 22.5 hours a week. It is due to start on the 30th of August to assist with planning and preparation and then start teaching from the 6th of September. The contract is due to end in December 2022.
The Patisserie and Professional Cookery Lecturer will be responsible for:
- Teaching, learning and assessment of full-time students undertaking qualifications in Professional Cookery from Level 1 to Level 3, and Patisserie to Level 2, Involving RWE restaurant sessions, skills sessions and theory
- Planning and coordinating lessons, resources and support to enable learners to achieve their qualifications
- Using the College's online systems to track progress and attendance
- Quality delivery of interactive lessons to learners with clear lesson objectives
- Motivate and inspire learners using up-to-date teaching methodology
- Set and monitor regular, challenging homework in line with student abilities
- Ensure accurate completion of class registers at all times, stay on top of admin work and marking
- Any other duties as required by the College
The Patisserie and Professional Cookery Lecturer will:
- Have some experience in the Further Education and Training sector
- Have some previous experience working as a Patisserie and Professional Cookery Lecturer and a successful track record in retention and achievement
- Hold a Level 3 qualification in Professional Cookery and a Level 2 qualification in Patisserie
- Hold GCSEs in both Maths and English, at grade A-C or equivalent
- A valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one
- Be able to travel to all of the College sites - Gloucester, Cheltenham & Cinderford
In return the successful candidate for the Patisserie and Professional Cookery role will receive:
- An hourly rate of up to £27 per hour, depending on experience
- Free CPD training opportunities
- Opportunity to apply for permanent positions within the College, at the first instance
- Any other benefits offered by the College
If you are passionate in the delivery of high-quality teaching, match the above criteria and are available to start a new role in Gloucestershire, please apply now!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.