We are working in partnership with a College in Gloucestershire and are recruiting for a Mathematics Lecturer. We would be looking for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible subject to the completion of vetting checks. The role will be a temporary ongoing position.
You will teach, train and assess students in a variety of learning environments, ensuring a high-quality learning experience is achieved and provide support to learner to enable them to achieve their maximum potential.
The role will be based at Gloucester College and is a full-time position (37 hours per week)
We require the candidate to be able to teach GCSE Mathematics and Functional Skills Levels 1 and 2.
- Prepare and deliver lessons on study programmes and/or courses as directed by the Departmental leadership team.
- Prepare lesson plans and schemes of work in line with College guidelines and prepare teaching materials in all formats to facilitate student learning.
- Undertake the role of Personal Tutor for students, ensuring the adequate provision of support and implementation of the College's Value Added and target setting schemes.
- Monitor student attendance, follow up on student absence and complete student withdrawals, transfers and destinations as appropriate.
- Act as an internal assessor and verifier when required.
- Provide a stimulating learning environment by making full use of the resources available.
- Invite regular feedback from students through questionnaires, group discussions and course reviews to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Organise external activities and visits as appropriate to ensure variety of approach within the learning programme.
- Support and, where appropriate, discipline students in line with College procedures.
- Contribute to the planning, setting and achievement of recruitment, attendance, retention, achievement, progression and destination targets for the study programme/course.
- Participate in the recruitment of students through the marketing of courses, attendance at open evenings and interviewing of students, including pre-entry guidance, in liaison with the Department leadership team.
- Use Information Technology within the College to aid student learning.
- Ensure that English and Maths are fully integrated into all teaching and learning activities and Functional Skills English and maths is taught as required.
- Ensure that opportunities to evidence English and Maths are sign posted for/with the students.
- Contribute to the creation and updating of risk assessments of working areas and practices and ensure these are implemented appropriately.
The role is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.
If you are interested in the role then please apply ASAP, if you have any questions please call Brendan at Morgan Hunt on 0121 631 5900.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.