Morgan Hunt are currently working with a well-known Public Sector body, based in the South West, in their search for a permanent Public Sector Head of Strategic Procurement to develop and implement category, procurement and contract management strategies across the organisation.
As a successful post holder you will be responsible for implementing a the Supply Chain Strategy ensuring organisational value, efficiency and innovation in alignment with the organisation's corporate plan and strategies, whilst managing a full sourcing and tendering service for of a wide range of corporate contracts. Also, you will be providing procurement and legal guidance and advice on all matters associated with the UK procurement regulations to client departments.
Job Title: Head of Strategic Procurement
Location: Hybrid (3 days remote & 2 days in Plymouth Office)
Annual Salary: Up to £65,000
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Start Date: ASAP
- Ensure that any Supply Chain strategy aligns with the organisations Environmental Social and Governance commitments and aspirations.
- Create and maintain a high-performance team culture within the Procurement, Stores and Fleet teams
- Provide procurement and legal guidance and advice on all matters associated with the UK procurement regulations to client departments.
- Develop appropriate Vendor Management criteria and systems
- Lead the negotiation of contract terms on a range of high risk and or high value contracts to ensure delivery of value for money , reduction of organisational risk and alignment with organisational objectives.
- Coordinate and report on organisational contract management. Training and supporting the contract management community within the organisation to prevent value erosion from corporate contracts.
- Review organisational spend categories and Vendor Risks and provide risk mitigation advice to the organisation.
- Manage the development of appropriate sourcing strategies across the organisation.
- Ensure that the organisation's standard procurement documents and contracting suites are up to date, aligned with organisational objectives and current legal and procurement practice and appropriate for the organisation's procurement purposes.
- Have overall responsibility for the organisation's contracts register,
- Manage the departments communications strategy via Procurement Intranet and Internet and ensure information is updated and appropriate for the audience.
- Develop and manage Procurement Contract Standing Orders.
- Ensure that procurement contributes to the wider corporate and community strategy objectives, e.g. sustainable procurement, equality and diversity, risk management.
- Provide procurement training on negotiation, contract law, procurement project management and UK regulations (and their successor) to the Executive Management Team and departmental clients.
- In-depth knowledge of Public Procurement legislation (PCR 2015, FTS, etc)
- Track record in negotiation of major contracts.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of procurement under UK procurement regulations
- Extensive knowledge of procurement gained with the Public and Private Sectors.
- Experience of Executive management reporting.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Category Management, Vendor Management, Supply Chain Segmentation, Supplier Risk Management and Contract Management.
- Leading cross-functional / departmental teams on major procurement projects.
Please apply below to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity as a Procurement Business Partner.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.