Find out more about this organisation on their careers site
For an application form an further details, please visit our web site https://www.gllm.ac.uk/jobs (please note to apply for any of our vacancies, you will need to complete an application form, CV's will not be accepted)
POST: LECTURER IN HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE
HOURS: UPTO 20 HOURS PER WEEK
STATUS: PART TIME HOURLY PAID
GRADE: LECTURING MG1 – UG3
£19.52 - £30.18 per hour(inclusive of holiday pay)
(dependent on qualifications and experience)
LOCATION: Llangefni Campus
To provide high quality teaching, to create effective opportunities for learning and to enable all learners to achieve to the best of their ability.
A: Assessing Learners’ Needs
A1. Provide prospective students with appropriate advice and guidance
A2. Assess learners’ previous learning experiences and achievements in relation to the identified learning programme
A3. Conduct interviews with prospective students and administer any necessary selection tests
A4. Undertake initial assessments and identify any special learning or support
A5. Ensure learners are registered with the college and with awarding bodies
B: Planning and Preparing Teaching and Learning Programmes
B1. Identify learning outcomes and prepare Schemes of Work and Lesson Plans for relevant programmes in line with awarding body requirements and Grŵp guidelines
B2. Ensure that literacy and numeracy / essential skills are integrated into the learning programme.
B3. Plan for the linguistic needs of the student group in order to allow students to use their language of choice (Welsh or English) wherever possible
B4. Select a range of learning methods to meet student needs
C: Managing the Learning Process
C1. Establish and maintain a safe and effective learning ment
C2. Develop and use a range of teaching and learning techniques to encourage individual learning and facilitate learning through experience
C3. Produce and use appropriate learning materials using information learning technology where possible
C4. Identify and address poor motivation and challenge inappropriate behaviour
C5. Set challenging tasks and agree individual goals and targets with learners as appropriate
C6. Structure sessions appropriately to provide pace and maintain interest
C7. Maintain and encourage effective communication with and between all learners, using appropriate technology where relevant
C8. Maintain effective working relationships within programme teams
C9. Establish appropriate links and liaise with external bodies as required
C10. Arrange and supervise work experience placements for learners following agreed procedures including visits and residential activity where appropriate
C11. Comply with college management information systems and ensure that colleagues are given all necessary information at the correct time in the agreed organisational format
C12. Contribute to all relevant college quality assurance systems; internal and external control procedures;
C13. Participate in self-assessment processes including the evaluation of modules and courses
D: Providing learners with support
D1. Contribute to the design of induction procedures and induct learners effectively into the organisation
D2. Ensure that learners are aware of and have access to appropriate support and guidance services
D3. Maintain tutorial systems in line with college guidelines
D4. Provide advice, guidance, induction, pastoral and academic support and signpost to other sui support avenues where appropriate
E: Assessing the outcomes of learning and learners’ achievements
E1. Plan appropriate assessment strategies for learning programmes in line with awarding body requirements and communicate these to students
E2. Use a range of appropriate assessment methods to conduct fair and reliable assessments
E3. Ensure that learners are provided with clear and constructive written and oral feedback within an appropriate timescale
E4. Maintain assessment records and provide information to relevant stakeholders e.g. colleagues, parents, employers, awarding bodies
F: Reflecting upon and evaluating one’s own performance and planning future
F1. Evaluate your own practice in relation to learners’ and programme needs
F2. Use feedback from quality assurance systems to improve your own practice
F3. Keep up to date with current development within your own specialist field
F4. Participate in the college Performance Review system in order to evaluate own performance and identify development needs
F5. Engage in relevant continuous professional development
G: Other Specific duties
G1. Undertake, as relevant, the role of Personal Tutor, Programme Leader, Internal Verifier and, if agreed with the programme manager, Lead Verifier or Curriculum Co-ordinator
G2. Invigilate examinations or assessments as appropriate
H: General Responsibilities
H1. Comply with the Grŵp’s Safety, Health & Environment Policy in order to maintain a safe working and learning ment
H2. Undertake any other relevant duties appropriate to your role and position which may be required by the line manager, Executive Director or the Chief Executive.
- Degree or equivalent qualification AND significant sector experience in a relevant area (min 4years).
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation and regulation relating to H&SC sector
- Understanding of the new H&SC qualifications in Wales (https://www.healthandcarelearning.wales/) .
- Teaching qualification or willingness to work towards this within 4 years.
- Registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC) or willingness to do so prior to teaching commencing.
- Confident in the use of IT systems and applications, i.e. would be able to deliver teaching and learning via Google Classroom.
- Empathy with diverse learners and commitment to equal opportunities.
- Excellent organisation, interpersonal and communication skills, Flexibility and team working skills
- Ability to deliver bilingually (Welsh/English)
- Experience of working within an FE ment.
- Knowledge and experience of the use of learning technology to support and enhance teaching and learning sessions, in face to face and online teaching and learning.
- A clinical health or social work qualification.
- Ability to teach some from the following range of subjects: Sociology / Applied Sociology / Equality And Diversity / Mental Health / Long Term Conditions / Ageing And Disability / Re-Ablement / Record End Of Life Care / Infection Control / Substance Misuse / Person Centred Care / Individual Development
- Ability and willingness to travel independently and deliver in employer premises where appropriate.
- Flexibility in terms of working pattern to meet sector needs for commercial areas of work.