Morgan Hunt are currently working with a well-established Independent Regulatory Body, in their search for a permanent Risk Assurance Officer to manage risk across the business with a focus on the Risk Management system.
You will be responsible for liaising with and advising risk owners (particularly Senior Stakeholders), as well as producing detailed reports and presenting information to the Board and relevant Committees (such as the Audit Committee).
You will also be responsible for conducting 'deep dives' in order to understand and mitigate risk, and will be responsible for anticipating future risk through liaising with internal stakeholders and wider networks
You will be responsible for managing policies, procedures and ensuring that this falls in-line with best practice procedures as outlined in the Civil Service Standards, as well as providing effective risk management through guidance and training.
The successful candidate must have experience within risk management and/or audit within the Public Sector, and be fully or part qualified. They will have strong communication skills, with the ability to liaise with senior stakeholders and wider networks of risk professionals.
You must also have strong IT literacy, excellent organisation and multi-tasking skills and strong numerical and analytical skills.
This role will be fully remote role, with expensed attendance to the London Office depending on business requirement. This opportunity will provide learning opportunities (such as formal training budget) and development opportunities, as they will be able to work with discretion in a small team with exposure to senior stakeholders across the organisation.
Job Title: Risk Assurance Officer
Location: Remote Working (expensed travel to London office when required)
Annual Salary: Up to £36,000
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
- Working closely with the Head of Audit, Risk and Assurance, to develop and embed risk and assurance arrangements (including policies and procedures)
- Supporting risk owners in effective conduct of risk management including keeping the internal system up to date, and ensuring effective mitigating arrangements
- Producing detailed reports, providing advice and presenting information to the Board and relevant Committees (such as the Audit Committee).
- Liaising with and advising risk owners (particularly Senior Stakeholders) on risk mitigation
- Conducting 2nd line of defence risk assurance assignments and 'deep dives'
- Providing effective risk management through guidance and training
- Anticipating future risk through liaising with internal stakeholders and wider networks
- Must be fully or part qualified in compliance, risk assurance, or audit
- Demonstrated experience in Risk Management, Assurance and/or Audit within a Public Sector organisation
- Knowledge of the tools and techniques of risk management and control
- Experience of applying risk management, audit and assurance techniques in an organisation
- Must possess strong communication skills, with the ability to liaise with senior stakeholders and wider networks of risk professionals
- Excellent organisation skills, able to multi-task and manage priorities
- Strong IT proficiency including the ability to design and use data analytics
Please contact to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity for a Risk Assurance Officer.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.