Morgan Hunt are currently working with one of the UK's Healthcare Regulatory Bodies in their search for a permanent Investigator to undertake investigatory and preparatory work in respect of complex regulatory cases.
You will be responsible for drafting case plans, gathering evidence, obtaining witness statements, drafting allegations and decision making on case progression.
You will work with professional experts, statutory committees, professional bodies and other stakeholders to ensure highest quality of investigation and evidence gathering for your cases.
The role would be perfect for an experienced Investigator with good knowledge and understanding of fitness to practise issues or the regulatory environment, as well as experience of managing multiple complex investigations to tight deadlines. The successful applicant will have strong attention to detail, judgement and communication skills, with a genuine interest in public protection.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small team, and have a large impact in public protection. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary alongside other employment benefits such as 10% employer pension contribution and 29 days annual leave.
Job Title: Investigator
Location: Hybrid (1-2 days per week in London)
Annual Salary: £42,000 - £44,000
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week)
- Draft case plans for new cases documenting key evidence to be obtained as part of the investigation
- Carry out all actions required to investigate and gather evidence on new complaints as identified in the case plan, updating at all material stages.
- Take witness statements from the complainant and other witnesses
- Draft allegations from the evidence obtained during the course of the investigation
- Identify where complainants and/or the subject registrant is vulnerable and may require additional support, escalating concerns as appropriate
- Instruct Counsel and Expert Opinion, as well as identify and arrange further investigation work, where required
- Actively manage cases and in a timely manner progressing the case to an Investigating Committee meeting with standard KPI targets and having regard to expenditure - keeping a log of costs for all cases
- Ensure prompt and accurate response to communications with other parties, meeting service standards
- Assist in the preparation of cases for presentation before the statutory Committees.
- Provide case information for data analysis. Undertake a review of own cases determined, identifying the main 'lessons learned' for discussing internally with a view to communicating themes externally as appropriate
- Contributing effectively to discussions at internal and external meetings. Contribute to the development of service improvements through participation in team meetings and other groups
- Assist with the setting, monitoring and evaluating casework quality standards including sharing best practice
- Law Degree or relevant casework experience, preferably in regulatory law
- Proven experience of managing complex investigations, and providing appropriate advice
- Experience that demonstrates the capability to understand the regulatory environment and legal frameworks.
- An understanding of the professional regulation framework and fitness to practise issues
- Good knowledge of criminal and/or civil and/or regulatory law practice and procedures
- Well-developed oral communication skills, to deal effectively, efficiently and appropriately with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong attention to detail, judgement and decision making skills
- Ability to research, analyse, summarise and report on information in a systematic and coherent way; and to make recommendations for appropriate policy responses supported by clear arguments and evidence
- Highly developed organisational skills and the ability to multi task on a variety of on-going projects and/or activities
Please contact to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity for an Investigator based in London.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.