Morgan Hunt is currently collaborating with a dynamic organisation based in South East London, seeking a Procurement Manager to join their team. This role will play a pivotal role in managing and enhancing the procurement processes for Financial Services.
You will be providing professional direction across the organisation, defining and implementing an overarching procurement strategy that secures continuity of supply, optimal financial benefits, and makes a significant contribution to broader objectives, including those relating to social value and sustainability.
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Start date and hours per week: ASAP (37 Hours Per Week)
Location: Hybrid Working Available.
- Lead on procurement projects to ensure procurement activities are bulked together for better value for money.
- Lead tender exercises, evaluating bids, and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors.
- Translate business and budget holder priorities into tender documentation, oversee the process to award the tender, and provide feedback.
- Ensure the organisation makes the best use of existing frameworks agreement through purchasing consortia.
- Generate Social Value and Sustainability improvements through procurement activities.
- Negotiate with suppliers for the best value for money.
- Develop strategies to meet or exceed cost savings and supplier performance targets.
- Undertake value-for-money reviews of existing contracts and arrangements.
- Ensure staff are aware of the organisation's procurement strategy, providing training and advice as required.
- Review and continually update the procurement policy in line with external and statutory guidelines.
- Keep abreast of national and statutory policy changes, sharing updates and providing training.
- Lead on the development and management of Service Level Agreements and KPIs for contracts.
- Collaborate with purchase ledger staff, ensuring a robust supplier setup process and rationalising the supplier base.
- Maintain a contract register, including renewal dates and indemnities.
- Produce periodic reports on value for money and the overall position regarding spend under contract.
- Produce reports for the Executive team and Corporation on tenders and principal waivers.
- Undertake other projects as required by the Group Director of Finance or Group Chief Financial Officer.
If you are a dedicated procurement professional looking to contribute to the success our organisation, please apply by submitting your CV. Join us in shaping the future of our procurement services!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.