Are you a Benefits Subsidy and Systems Officer looking for work in Warwickshire, England?
Morgan Hunt's Public Sector and Government client based in Warkwickshire, England, is looking to recruit a Benefits Subsidy and Systems Officer to assist the Benefits Team leader with Housing Benefits subsidy audit, annual billing, and maintaining the system.
This assignment has been deemed inside of IR35 and will offer home-working.
As a Benefits Subsidy and Systems Officer, you will:
- Work with the Benefits Team Leader to deliver a service that meets the needs of clients and safeguards public funds.
- Ensure that all decisions are made in accordance with legislation, local policies, and procedures.
- Work with the Benefits Team Leader to undertake the annual recalculation of benefits claims as part of the annual billing process.
- Explain the benefit calculations and payments that an authority is claiming subsidy for and demonstrate that these payments were in accordance with relevant Benefits legislation.
- Monitor potential areas of loss of subsidy.
- Take appropriate action to prevent the loss of Subsidy including the correction of data
- Test system releases and implement new system functions, effectively communicating any changes to the team.
- Work with the Benefits Team Leader on the completion of the initial, mid-year and final Housing Benefit Subsidy claims
- Work with the Benefits Team Leader and external auditors to complete the audit work in support of the Housing Benefit Subsidy audit, from initial case selection to sign off of the claim by the Department for Work and Pensions.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
- 5 years' experience assessing all types of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support/Reduction new claims and change in circumstances.
- A good understanding of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction legislation.
- A good understanding of the Housing Benefit subsidy audit process.
- Experience completing Housing Benefit subsidy workbooks and working with external auditors.
- Proficiently used the Civica OpenRevenues processing system.
- The ability to work in partnership, network, influence, problem solve, overcome barriers, and apply solution focused approaches.
- Good time management skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure and prioritise to meet deadlines.
If you're looking to work for a Public Sector and Government client based in Warwickshire, England, and feel you meet the essential criteria outlined above to be a Benefits Subsidy and Systems Officer, please contact the team with an up to date CV.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.