Policy Manager (Financial Security)
Location: Finsbury Park, London
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Salary: £40,058 - £45,666
A health care charity is seeking a Policy Manager for Financial Security team. This role involves developing and implementing policy strategies to influence UK welfare and employment policies, ensuring they address the needs of people affected by the disability the charity support. You'll work closely with internal teams and external stakeholders, advocating for positive change and supporting individuals living with the disability.
As the Policy Manager, you will be reporting to the Head of Policy and be tasked with leading and managing the charities policy development activities. This role offers a unique opportunity to drive impactful change and shape policy strategies in the organisations Financial Security division.
- Evidence-Based Policy Development:
- Collaborate with the Head of Policy and Evidence and other teams to develop and review the MS Society's influencing strategy on financial security.
- Provide expert advice on UK welfare and employment policies, ensuring alignment with the latest evidence and analysis.
- Manage proactive and reactive policy outputs, including policy reports and social research projects.
- Lead investigations into welfare, employment, and financial security issues affecting individuals with MS.
- Act as a media spokesperson on financial security policy matters.
- Networking and Collaboration:
- Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, government officials, and civil servants to advance organisational goals.
- Ensure accurate communication regarding financial security policies to individuals affected by MS.
- Foster collaborations with other charities and coalitions to develop joint policy positions and advocacy initiatives.
- Ensure policy development includes co-production with individuals living with MS.
- Strategic Review and Planning:
- Focus financial security policy work, prioritise areas, and maximise impact for individuals with MS.
- Conduct horizon scanning to identify emerging policy priorities.
- Recommend approaches to engage with relevant bodies to improve financial security for individuals with MS.
- Advise on key evidence needs and contribute to relevant programs and projects.
- People Management:
- Directly manage a senior policy officer, allocate work, and monitor deadlines.
- Lead the financial security policy team, providing clear work plans and supporting performance and development.
- Recruit and on board new team members, fostering effective working relationships.
- Monitoring and Reporting:
- Analyse and evaluate team performance, monitor objectives, outcomes, and KPIs.
- Ensure timely corrective actions and measure the impact of the team's work.
- Proven experience in policy development and influencing strategies at UK, national, or local levels.
- Successful management of impactful policy development initiatives.
- Experience in developing issue-based campaigns and policy reports.
- Familiarity with welfare and/or employment policies and working with relevant professionals.
- Strong leadership skills, including team management and project planning.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data sets and manage change effectively.
- Understanding of the disability policy landscape, particularly in employment or welfare.
- Strategic thinking, analytic skills, and ability to construct persuasive arguments.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage diverse audiences.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to work under tight deadlines, and manage resources effectively.
- Commitment to inclusive working and valuing diversity.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.