Morgan Hunt are working with a fantastic college in the East London area, together, we are seeking to appoint a talented, highly motivated, and enthusiastic Art and Design Lecturer to join them on a temporary-ongoing basis.
Job Title: Art and Design Lecturer
Location: Newham, East London
Length of contract: on going
- Be up to date, plan and prepare and high quality teaching as required by your Line Manager to the appropriate number of hours (810 hrs per annum)
- Develop and share resources for the course/subject including maintaining effective links across College for resources
- Deliver enrichment and enhancement activities
- Maintain comprehensive, up to date, student/course/subject records and provide information, as requested
- Be responsible for the appropriate administration of exam entries for the course/subject and liaise with external awarding bodies, as appropriate
- Ensure close liaison and good communications with other staff in matters concerning students
- Use College systems to track and communicate student progress
- Act as a Personal Tutor, if required
- Value and support students to achieve their full potential
- Effectively manage the behaviour of students
- Engage in curriculum development and planning activities, individually and as a team
- Participate in standardisation/verification and moderation, as required
- Ensure provision is aligned with best practice nationally
- Take responsibility as required for the development of a relevant curriculum area
- Take responsibility for achieving the section's targets in retention, attendance, achievements, high grades, added value and student satisfaction
- Represent the Programme/Division/College, as required
Essential to apply:
- Experience in a Further Education setting.
- Excellent organisation, administration, and Design skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to engage, motivate and support mixed ability learners
- A recognised Level 4 teaching qualification (PGCE/CertEd) or be willing to work towards a Level 5 teaching qualification upon appointment
If you are interested in working in the Art and design lecturing field in the East London area, please apply to this advert with a CV today and a consultant will contact you!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.