Do you have a passion for teaching GCSE English to adult learners? Do you have a relevant degree and a teaching qualification? If so, you might be interested in the part time GCSE English Lecturer role at Barnet College.
Barnet College is a leading provider of further and higher education in North London, offering a wide range of courses and qualifications to learners of all ages and backgrounds. We are looking for a motivated and qualified GCSE English Lecturer to join our team and deliver high quality teaching and learning to our students.
As a GCSE English Lecturer, you will be responsible for:
- Planning and delivering engaging and effective lessons in GCSE English language and literature, following the AQA specification
- Assessing and providing feedback to students on their progress and achievement
- Supporting and motivating students to achieve their GCSE English grade and progress to further study or employment
- Contributing to the development and improvement of the GCSE English curriculum and resources
- Participating in staff development and quality assurance activities
To be considered for this role, you will need to have:
- A relevant degree in English or a related subject
- A recognised teaching qualification (e.g. PGCE, Cert Ed, DTLLS)
- Experience of teaching GCSE English in a further or higher education setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
The part time GCSE English Lecturer role is for 12.5 hours per week, with a salary of £28 per hour. The contract is fixed term until July 2024, with the possibility of extension. The start date is as soon as possible, subject to satisfactory references and DBS check.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please apply via this advert or send through your CV
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.