Job Title: Reception Team Leader (incorporating Switchboard Operation)
Responsible to: Executive Assistant
Department: Executive Support and Administration
Location: Ealing, Hammersmith & West London College
About the Role:
Working in the Executive Support & Administration department the Reception Team Leader will be managing the day to day service delivery of the reception team in providing an excellent reception and switchboard service to the college’s Customers/Stakeholders. To provide at all times a friendly, effective and efficient solution-focussed reception and switchboard service, in accordance with excellent customer care expectations and the College procedures and policies within the context of the College’s Excellence.
Whilst monitoring and reporting on the team’s performance, the Reception Team Leader will actively and continuously identify, lead on and deliver improvements at all Colleges.
● Provide excellent customer service to the stakeholders of the college, acting in a professional and courteous manner and maintaining confidentiality at all times.
● Ensure a smooth delivery of the reception and switchboard area at all College sites within the agreed timelines, SLAs/KPIs.
● Manage and develop the workload of allocated staff. Monitor and report on team’s performance to the Executive Assistant.
● Support the Executive Assistant with delivering induction, reception and switchboard training
● Ensure the receptions team’s adherence to data management processes and protocols.
● Induct and instruct the use of all equipment associated within the reception area to enable staff to use the equipment effectively.
● Prepare rotas including holiday cover. Arrange and provide cover for colleagues within the department as and when required.
● Monitor and improve service delivery whilst planning, organising and setting targets for the team. Ensure all reception staff answer the telephone in a clear, positive and professional manner to ensure good customer care of all enquiries. To ensure that all visitors are made welcome, ascertaining their requirements, assisting them with general information or passing them on the appropriate person.
● Be solution focussed and support team members in being proactive in reversing negative situations, managing complaints and identifying and reporting risks.
● Adopt an innovative approach to achieve excellent customer care.
● Develop, monitor and review effectiveness of processes and procedures as required.
● Manage stock levels of all resources required for efficient delivery of reception and switchboard service including student lanyards, ID cards, ID card holders, stationery etc.
● Manage reception area environment, displays of resources and ensure the look and feel of the working environment portray a professional and welcoming image
● Travel to any of the college sites as required in line with the duties of the position.
● Evening and Weekend work is required to suit business needs.
● Undertake such duties as may be required which are commensurate with the scale of the post
Equality and Diversity
Ealing, Hammersmith & West London College sees the promotion, embedding and effective implementation of the College Equality and Diversity Policy a fundamental responsibility shared and prioritised by all colleagues.
Ealing, Hammersmith & West London College is committed to safeguarding and prioritising the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment and ensure it is demonstrated in their day to day jobs.
Method of Working:
The College expects all members of staff to work effectively as part of a team, or teams, delivering high quality education and support to staff and students in pursuance of the College’s strategy.
Considerable importance is attached to the public relations aspect of all work undertaken by Ealing, Hammersmith & West London College staff. It is a prime objective therefore, that all staff will at all times project to the public the image of the College as being keen to assist wherever possible, and committed to the highest standards of delivery and service.